Yeah my high E keeps going out of tune. It's a fender strat and i cant afford anything better at the moment, any cheap repairs for the tuning peg?
_____
MUSE
Quote by protest000
Quote by gillehy
Anyone agree there or am i on my own?
+
try stretching the string, or undo the string and use pliers to tighten the nut around the tuning peg. Then put on a new string and stretch it out properly.
I don't know how you wrap your strings when you tune, but I generally pull the string tight, wrap it around the tuning peg twice, then put the end through the tuning peg. After that just tune it and stretch it like normal. I never have string slippage when I wrap it like that. If you are already doing something like that, I wish you luck on a quick fix for your tuning peg.
CAN I GET A +1?!
yeah i've been playing nearly 2 years now and replace my strings and stretch them so that isnt the problem, these strings are a few weeks old now so its definatley the peg. people see squire and automatically go n00b, its all i can afford at the moment like i said. going to try victorinox's idea and tighten the bolt up. thanks for the help
_____
MUSE
Quote by protest000
Quote by gillehy
Anyone agree there or am i on my own?
+
I wrap it, then before I cut them I wrap the end halfway then through the hole, then do that again the other way a couple times, no slippage
I'm FAT!
when you take the string off, try wiggling the tuning peg. If it wiggles loosely, then that'll be your problem. just use a pair of regular pliers (NOT needle-nose) and tighten the nut around it while holding the bottom of the tuning machine on the underside of the headstock