can u put install a floyd on an guitar, i know that some work would need to be done but i have tune-o-matic and another guitar with a floyd and i think it would be nice if the guitar tht was just bought for me as a gift had a floyd. Can i do this?
Yes. You should let a luthier do it for you, because unless you have lots of woodworking experience, you're pretty much guaranteed to screw up. To be honest, it'd probably be cheaper to buy a new guitar with a Floyd than getting one installed in some other guitar.
yeah, i have, it takes a s-hit ton of routing, a bunch of measuring, some paint, cavity covers, etc.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Quote by TheQuailman
Yes. You should let a luthier do it for you, because unless you have lots of woodworking experience, you're pretty much guaranteed to screw up. To be honest, it'd probably be cheaper to buy a new guitar with a Floyd than getting one installed in some other guitar.

Whitney Houston is right.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by acillatem893
you think an installation would be more that 200? damn

Yep. Add to that the cost of the Floyd itself and you are already paying 300 to 400 for everything, if not more. You could get a used Ibanez S series guitar in excellent shape for that kind of money.

Quote by necrosis1193
Whitney Houston is right.

i did it myself, floyd was 180, cover 10, paint i had, router i had, i used a floyd template that cost 20 or so, and it took me a lot of work and time as well
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Learn to read a tape measure, Keep things square, Use a router, Make a jig for the router to keep things square and lines straight, Remove little bits at a time. Work slow.
Quote by acillatem893
i would deff do it myself what exactly are cavity covers?

I would just stop now. And to have a luither install a floyd could cost upwards of $500 ($200 for the floyd, then $150-$300 for installing...)
i heard a searchbar is the tool you need.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
If you dont have some experience doing wood work and the proper tools its a really good way to ruin a guitar.