I´m thinking of getting the gibson sg faded or get the epiphone les paul custom and change the pickups to seymor duncan or gibson. What should I do?....
Last edited by carlosyugui at Mar 24, 2009,
The Gibson varies in quality a lot, the Epi is just overpriced for what it is. If you want an Epi, the Standard is your best bet. It is just as good as the Custom.

I'd go for the SG, the ones I played have generally been a lot nicer than Epis. Whatever you get, make sure not to order it online, because both, Gibson's and Epi's quality control is iffy. You need to go to a store and just try out the guitars they have there and leave with the one you consider the best.
One of the best Gibbos I played so far was a faded V, so there's some good ones out there, too. Granted, not all of them are great.
Quote by TheQuailman
One of the best Gibbos I played so far was a faded V, so there's some good ones out there, too. Granted, not all of them are great.

Well i wasn't saying they all suck but the chances of finding a good one are slim. The VM les paul i have (i think it's the same as a faded series?) plays better than any one of the same model i've tried.