That is way over priced they usually go from $200-$250

And it can do metal but more so its a classic rock type of amp. I would look into something else like a used tube amp, Ampeg VH140C or a B52
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Mar 24, 2009,
It's a bit expensive, but the early Valvestates are good amps - don't confuse them with AVTs. I own one and even though I've only played it a few times, I'm very happy with it.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
got a valvestate..i preferred to other marshalls which were full tube believe it or now.

seriously check out the bugera stuff..really insane for the cash....333xl for the win.
I've only ever played one valvestate before, the distortion was good.. but at loud volumes the clean sucks..
^ How many watts did it have? My 100w head was clean all the way up to 8 (and I couldn't crank it any further).
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
the valvestate is a great amp, and it can do heavier stuff for when you need it better than a lot of tubed marshalls. it has a sort of "tiny" sound which might be a problem with heavier stuff, but if you can find one for <250 bucks, go for it
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Roc Pro= not very good amp. The princeton has a good clean, but doesn't really match the valvestate in any way.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?