When im practising on the bottom strings, it helps to have my thumb in a specific area of the back of the neck, but when i practise on the top strings its best to have the thumb in a slightly different position.

But when im playing around all the strings, or when im just playing in general, this is what happens :

Either i keep the thumb in the same position, in which case there are times when its not in the most comfortable place, and it affects my playing (until i move the thumb)

Or, i move the thumb when it needs to be moved, but it slows me down and sometimes i have to stop.

To get around this, if i try to move my thumb around smoothly when needed, theres less pressure between thumb and back of the neck at times, which results in fret buzz. If i jump quickly from one position to another (the thumb, that is) when needed, i also get problems.

What should i do? And if one of the above methods is the way to do it, where might i be going wrong and how can i do it better?
Sorry, it's public now. I didn't realize they automatically put it as private when I uploaded it.
Wow, that guy looks so young. Not a grey hair in sight. He seems like hes very good at explaining things and im definitely going to check out what else he has to say. Thanks for that.

However, i was thinking more along the lines of simply the position of the thumb in relation to which strings (and also, which i forgot to mention, how high or low around the neck) are being played, rather than switching from normal to vibrato playing. In other words, just generally, how to approach thumb position changes in relation to where im playing on the fretboard.
You don't actually need to put much pressure on the strings to get them to sound clearly, so you shouldn't need to put pressure on the back of the neck with your thumb. Try relaxing your fretting hand a bit, and let your thumb move around naturally - if there are certain notes/chords you are struggling to change between smoothly, isolate them and practice changing between them. Make up your own little exercises and licks just using those notes/chords. Start off slow, and accurate, and gradually you'll find you are moving around a lot smoother and quicker.

My thumb moves around all the time when I'm playing, but not consciously - it just goes wherever its most comfortable/practical at the time.
Thumbpositioning. Just try and find out what works best for you. I never pay any attention to where my thumb is at. Just feels natural and I reach whatever string or note I play. Just try and find out what works best for you !
To get around this, if i try to move my thumb around smoothly when needed, theres less pressure between thumb and back of the neck at times, which results in fret buzz

This is the way to do it, with experience and good fretting technique (close to the metal, tip of the finger) you'll be able to minimise/hid these problems.