PAINTBALL AND AIRSOFT THREAD

I've seen only scattered threads about these, so I decided to make it official.

Rules
-Don't antagonize the other sport. "Airsoft is for pussies" and "Paintball is gay" are not exactly constructive. Of course, it is the Pit but I don't want a flame thread.
-Try to answer others' questions.
- General discussion and specific questions accepted.
-If you feel like it throw in a review of your gun

If someone wants to get some info on either sport I'll edit it in here as a FAQ.

I'm going to double post, but only because throwing a question in the original post seems stupid.
Airsoft question:

I'm thinking of buying a low cost pistol ($20-45) to get started. Any suggestions for the gun or accesories? I'm thinking 200-280 fps.
The arena is empty except for one man,
Still driving and striving as fast as he can.
The sun has gone down and the moon has come up,
And long ago somebody left with the cup,
But he's driving and striving and hugging the turns...
Nice, I was thinking of making one of these. Anyways I have an Echo 1 G36c and love it, although it has started cooking fuses recently.

And to TS, don't get one of those. Save up for an Echo 1 AEG. They're cheap (about 150) and work better than most 300-400 dollar guns.
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
Last edited by Lt.DustyBanana at Mar 24, 2009,
I was thinking pistol because the people I was going to playing with all were using one.
I played paintball for the first time in many years today. Got a few nice welts, and had tons of fun. Too bad my gun shoots like it was made by the French. Perhaps I need a new one.
FINALLY the thread is made

i got an 05 XSV Ego with a maniac board.....and a Eclipse 08 Ego..
ESP Alexi 600 and Father Marshall.............nuff said
Quote by TurboJaw
I played paintball for the first time in many years today. Got a few nice welts, and had tons of fun. Too bad my gun shoots like it was made by the French. Perhaps I need a new one.

Did it shoot a little white flag out the tip?

Paintball is fun but I can't see squat with that full face mask, because I can't wear my glasses too. I remember I was at this place, Friendly Fire Paintball, and there was this tower hideout and a small base where me and my friends were. My friend runs to a rock to take cover and gets shot in the nads and my bud was like "We've got to save Ryan's Privates!"

His name was Sean...
What do you guys use for goggles?
I have an ICS Full Metal M4 Airsoft Rifle, 480 FPS.

Thing is a monster. We have a place that used to be a summer camp, with abandoned buildings and woods, that we play in nearly every other day. It's fun times. Paintball is fun, but shelling out 50 bucks for paintballs every time I play isn't.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
are metal bbs and airsoft bbs interchangeable?
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

L96 Warrior
M 16 from G&G Arments.
I also own a Mp5 from Classic Army.
I like the guns
. I think its sad that people get SO into the sport. But hey, whatever makes you happy. I play just with my friends, nothing extravegant. Getting into Paintball soon though
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
Quote by TurboJaw

Quote by TurboJaw

French tanks can only travel in reverse.
Quote by bendystraw
French tanks can only travel in reverse.

And I have seen some pistols that can shoot both airsoft pellets and paintballs.
Quote by Wulphy
I have an ICS Full Metal M4 Airsoft Rifle, 480 FPS.

Your gun is currently illegal. A fully automatic airsoft gun has to be 350FPS or lower for it to be legal. If you take that into a game site, they will more than likely not let you play.

Just a heads up.
Empty Space
im goin campaigning (sp??) with my friends this spring break, 5 on 5 for 4 days out in the 20 acres behing my buddys farm. Finally, living in the middle of nowhere became useful.
Love airsoft. I own a Tokyo Marui AK-47 Beta Spetsnaz, TM Glock 18c, Classic Army G36, UTG Shotty, some crappy spring pistol, and a TM M92 gas pistol. Don't really think that this thread will last long with paintball mixed into airsoft though.

Quote by koalabacon

No.
SOAS
Quote by gooey moo
Your gun is currently illegal. A fully automatic airsoft gun has to be 350FPS or lower for it to be legal. If you take that into a game site, they will more than likely not let you play.

Just a heads up.

Maybe where you live, but in the states i don't think it is illegal, but most places would reject you any way cause that would cause some damage to someone.
SOAS
Quote by koalabacon

not at all, different weights (obviously) and different sizes. Each have specialized guns
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Owner of an 1/4 watt custom combo.

Quote by Garou1911
^This man speaks the language of win.

Donate to my cause
Quote by SystemOfASteve
Maybe where you live, but in the states i don't think it is illegal, but most places would reject you any way cause that would cause some damage to someone.

Ah fair enough, I'm in the UK.

480FPS is near the maximum for sniper rifles over here.
Empty Space
Quote by gooey moo

That thing would rape someone if you use a heavy enough weight and a good scope and hop-up
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Owner of an 1/4 watt custom combo.

Quote by Garou1911
^This man speaks the language of win.

Donate to my cause
Quote by gooey moo

I can see that tuning on a sniper rifle indeed. There's nothing more dull than a sniper that can't shoot far enough to be useful.

on topic, I got a mp5sd5 oldschool :P

dating back from the days when I first started playing Rainbow Six. I just loved being like a ninja with silencer etc. Still got it because it just looks awesome. However I do want a full metal one :O
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Quote by CliffIsAngry
I can see that tuning on a sniper rifle indeed. There's nothing more dull than a sniper that can't shoot far enough to be useful.

on topic, I got a mp5sd5 oldschool :P

dating back from the days when I first started playing Rainbow Six. I just loved being like a ninja with silencer etc. Still got it because it just looks awesome. However I do want a full metal one :O

Nice, I used to have an MP5 like that. And second to the whole sniper rifle thing. The G36c is a better sniper than a bolt action my brother's friend has.
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
Quote by Lt.DustyBanana
Nice, I used to have an MP5 like that. And second to the whole sniper rifle thing. The G36c is a better sniper than a bolt action my brother's friend has.

yeah i hope to be getting a G36c soon, or preferably a G36k.
Fender MIM Standard lefty strat (midnight wine, sexy i know)
Vox DA15
Quote by rock.meet Slash
oh yes but do they have....THE PIT?

Quote by rickmeister
Stealing is cool again? Sweet, I'm gonna rob a Subway brb

ok whenever i hook up air to my gun, it always just sprays out of this circled area.
how to fix?
Quote by extrememetal94
I really hope I have a small penis.
Quote by gooey moo

Just a heads up.

I don't play in arena's, bud. I got a whole abandoned summer camp within walking distance, why would I?
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by soccerguy6494

ok whenever i hook up air to my gun, it always just sprays out of this circled area.
how to fix?

If it's just coming out of the fitting you probably need some teflon tape on the threads going into the reg and the threads on the SS line. That should cover both areas it could be coming from.
Anyone here know anything about th eclipse ETeK1? I wanna get a zick kit and a cure 3 bolt for it (will they fit?) anything else anyone can reccomend?
Quote by Vauxite
Lots of lulz were produced, thankyou good sir
I played D3 NPPL (back when the NPPL still existed) ball back in high school. I got fed up with the way my team was being run and the way the sport in general was headed (I felt like I was going to a damn fashion show every weekend) and quit in '05. Airsoft was hugely popular in Hawaii so I picked that up for a year or so and the decided that real guns were where it was at. With the increasing popularity of GBB rifles in airsoft, I've been considering getting back into airsoft...the GHK AK-74 GBBs are ****ing cool (not as cool as my real '74 but, then again, I can't shoot that in my basement).
#48 of the Fender Armada
#2 Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

Gibson SG Standard
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Fender Mustang
Epiphone Les Paul Custom