I'm looking to buy a guitar in the 200-300$ price range new or used. The style I play is Punk Rock (anything from punk/pop punk to hardcore punk), Alternative, and even some Metal. I was wondering what guitar would be best for the genre(s) I play. I was thinking something made by Ibanez, but does anyone have any other suggestions?
When I think punk, I think Sex pistols, Black Flag, The clash, stuff like that. In that case, Fender Tele, or Jaguar. But that's clearly not the case, so no idea.

Btw, what is considered punk nowadays is blasphemy to the real punk movement in the late seventies.
Punk.. you mean Fall Out Boy? Green Day? All American Rejects, My Chemical Romance, so probably a Fender Stratocaster..

EDIT: With youre budget, a good Ibanez Rg Series, or a Squire Stratocaster..
At that price range it's best to go to a guitar store, try a bunch out and buy the one that you like best. You could also do a little research first to find out what guitars should be avoided too.
Quote by freshflip1322
Punk.. you mean Fall Out Boy? Green Day? All American Rejects, My Chemical Romance, so probably a Fender Stratocaster..

EDIT: With youre budget, a good Ibanez Rg Series, or a Squire Stratocaster..

No I mean punk like older stuff like Dead Kennedys, The Misfits, Black Flag, Minor Threat and newer stuff like Anti-Flag, Rise Against etc.
I play the same stuff you do and I own an epi g-400, which is pretty nice imo. i think you'll want to look at epiphone and fender/high end squire. I've seen les pauls, sgs, telecasters, in punk rock bands mainly but really most versatile guitars will work
Quote by CommieKiller138
No I mean punk like older stuff like Dead Kennedys, The Misfits, Black Flag, Minor Threat and newer stuff like Anti-Flag, Rise Against etc.

Then you likely want a guitar with humbuckers, I would look into epiphone stuff, either an epi LP or SG
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Creator of the Llamastack

Quote by Commodity

/get laid

to the TS, something with humbuckers. I'm in sort of the same dilemna and I've been looking at the Squier Jagmaster or Fender Jaguar HH. Maybe a Telecaster with humbuckers? I know both Squier and Fender make them. Or anything that Commodity listed up there. Rondo is always a good way to go.
get a cheap ibanez something like this one

http://www.music123.com/Ibanez-GRG170DX-Electric-Guitar-512496-i1147802.Music123

when you can afford it put this pickup in it

http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/humbucker/progressive/sh8_invader/

i got that pickup in my 72 telecaster deluxe reissue and i love it, and i play mostly punk, pop-punk, and alternative.
'72 Fender Telecaster Deluxe Reissue
Epiphone Tom Delonge ES-333
Epiphone AJ-100 Acoustic
Fender Mark Hoppus Bass

Line 6 Spider II
Yorkville XM30
when i used to play alot of punk i played a squier telecaster and it sounded pretty good. now i use a strat since my epi got F**KED up. in any case. an epiphone LP or a tele or strat or pretty good
Quote by LuckyBoys91
+ ****ing 1

i've got a point

Quote by Pr0gNut
No,they're to high end for me.I usually just walk into a random building and scream "FIX MY BANJO NOW!!!!" until they hit me with sticks and call the police.

TSHM.