I'm new to the world of fuzz pedals, and trying to get my pedal board up to snuff.
Besides Electro-Harmonix, are they any other fuzz pedals people can suggest?
It totally depends on what you are looking for.

I have to say the world of fuzz pedals is HUGE and there are some amazing builders other than the big companies for reasonable prices. It all depends what tones you are after and how much you wanna spend.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
I'd like something traditional, like some classic 70's tones. Maybe close to a QOTSA tone, I think.
I'm not worried about price-if it's good, I'll buy it.
Depending on how much you want to spend really... but I see not price range soo...

zVex
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by tonepro
+1 on Zvex! They make some amazing pedals. I've had a chance to try the Fuzz Factory, and it is an amazing little pedal.

I felt the same when I tried one. AWESOME little fuzz pedal.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I feel that there are only two necessary Fuzz pedals. the Big Muff, and Fuzz factory.

although i would say you should test a bunch and find out for yourself what sound you want. Fuzz pedals vary wildly in the tone and saturation they produce.
A fuzz face is always a good starting point, the analog man sunface is awesome. You could also check out the one I make, Kind of a cross between a Fuzz face and a Big muff (kind of buy not really)
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by tinyterror
That's good advice, thanks. This Earthquaker has me interested, though.
But the ZVex looks like a real winner:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVceBkgsDME

I really don't like that demonstration. It sounds really muddy.

try this...

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/customisbetter/music/all/play568820
way huge swollen pickle
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Earthquaker devices hoof fuzz is cool, Catalinbread V8, MXR silicon fuzz, Dano cool Cat. I have clips of the Dano and Earthquaker in my profile
Analogman
Proanalog.

Check out this documentary on fuzz pedals maybe it will help you.
http://www.dailymotion.com/related/x79m5k/video/x79gto_fuzz-01_music
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Quote by customisbetter
I feel that there are only two necessary Fuzz pedals. the Big Muff, and Fuzz factory.

One can never have too many fuzzes

Quote by dudey5691

Sorry.

Fail.

TS: What kind of fuzz do you want.

Saying "What's a good fuzz" is like saying what's a good brand of cookie.
Quote by imgooley
Fail.

Sorry Goolz, I just really did not like the Boss Fuzz when I tried it out. I found it to be a mess of BAD noise, as opposed to GOOD noise.

Yeah, I'm being a bit of prick tonight... I gotta settle down.

+1 for the Way Huge Swollen Pickle, Catalinbread V8, and Fuzz Factory, if you have that budget.
fuzz god 2 kicks butt too!
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Quote by imgooley

Fail.

I was thinking of something vintage-y sounding like the Electro-Harmonix fuzz pedals, but was curious if anyone had any experience with some of the boutique pedals like the Fuzz Factory.
Quote by mcrfobtai
Earthquaker devices hoof fuzz is cool, Catalinbread V8, MXR silicon fuzz, Dano cool Cat. I have clips of the Dano and Earthquaker in my profile

Thanks for the profile link on the Earthquaker. And thanks to the forum members for going ez on a noob fuzz guy.
The Fuzz Factory costs aobut 15 dollars to make including the Chassis. I am reallly disappointed in Zvex for charging as much as they do...

My fuzz was made by a guy named Will Sledge. Samd components adn circuit, build and shipped for 100 bucks. That is a much better deal. I also made one as well but never put it into a chassis.
You may want to check out the Mellowtone Wizard Fountain, if you can find one.

Or the Devi Ever Cherry Pop.

I like the fuzz factory just fine but it isn't worth the pricetag(to me at least). My eyes were opened to the fuzz world not too long ago and there are just so many out there, and if one doesn't fit your needs someone will build you a custom one
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Quote by tinyterror
Thanks for the profile link on the Earthquaker. And thanks to the forum members for going ez on a noob fuzz guy.

No problem
Fuzz sounds can be confusing. I can never tell what sounds like a Fuzz face, a muff etc. I just know what I like. Listen to some clips, play some out
Quote by tinyterror
I was thinking of something vintage-y sounding like the Electro-Harmonix fuzz pedals, but was curious if anyone had any experience with some of the boutique pedals like the Fuzz Factory.

If you want a vintagey sound, and you want to go with Zvex, the Mammoth does a better job than the Fuzz Factory, IMO. The Fuzz Factory isn't really my thing, personally. I can see why people'd like it, though.

For vintagey sound, though, Frantone is the way to go.

Quote by dudey5691
Sorry Goolz, I just really did not like the Boss Fuzz when I tried it out. I found it to be a mess of BAD noise, as opposed to GOOD noise.

Granted, there are some things I wouldn't use it for, but if I wanted to sound like Electric Wizard, I'd get an FZ-2.
Check out all the fuzzes at Proguitarshop.com http://www.proguitarshop.com/index.php?CategoryID=10

They've got videos for almost all of them.

My personal favorites are the EHX Big Muff (American made of course) Blackout Effectors Fix'd Fuzz, and the Frantone Peach Fuzz, unfortunately Fantone has closed down, but you can still buy their pedals (for a little while at least) they'll just cost you a pretty penny.
Tele - EP Booster - DLS - Big Muff - Ekko 616 - Rocker 30/AC15
The MXR classic 108 fuzz is nice. Basically a fuzz face with a 9v adapter.

Or look into the Wattson Superfuzz, which is a clone of the Shin-Ei superfuzz. Pete Townshend used to use a Shin-Ei, it's one of the coolest-sounding fuzzes out there. Proguitarshop sells them, I know.
if you choke a smurf, what color will it turn?
member numero uno of the athf fanclub
Malekko Assmaster
Sick, sick fuzz. Based off of the classic Brassmaster.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Alex Vik
I remember having good experience with my DOD Classic Fuzz before it stopped working, you may be able to find one somewhere.

Or for the same price you could get a pimping boutique fuzz that probably sounds better.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.