Page 1 of 2
Well i'm a product of the early 90s generation so I missed out on the megadeth/metallica/alice in chains/tool/smashing pumpkins/etc.... list goes on forever concerts and well now that I can drive i don't feel like spending cash to go to a concert cuz most bands now adays are you know meh... and i can't afford airplane fare for download 2009 so well how are concerts?
yo man being tightly compacted with thousands of other sweaty dudes is unreal man... unreal
Concerts generally are loads of fun, I'm from the 90s too buddy 95 to be exact so I missed all the afformentioned bands. But yeah the concert experience in it self is usually fun unless its a local show that can be potentially horrendous what with sound problems and what have you but if its a band thats already aserted it self as a big act you should have a lot of fun just be sure to let it all hang loose and don't care if people give you weird looks just enjoy whatever show you are going to.
Concerts are a lot of fun. I highly recommend going to some.

Co-Founder of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM me or TechnicolorBoy to join.

My music --> Check it out!
wtf is up with all the hardcore, emo, screamo, fag ass bands and especially the ____________(insert random word here) x core bands >_> with all their gay 2 step hardcore faggot dances?
crap.

i saw pumpkins on mellencollie, alice in chains in 93 metallica 92 and tool the other year. I hate it but im a sado mashochist
I love concerts, both playing at them and going to see them, i am also a 90s kid, well, i was born in 1990 so unless i developed a taste for Tool and Alice in chains at the age of 6 or something then i wouldn't have had much chance of seeing them live, and if i did like them at that age i would have been a depressed, troubled young child.

I love all the bands you mentioned (not big on megadeth and metallica are ok but again, i'm not crazy about them), but i also like alot of new stuff, just about all the gigs i have been to i have enjoyed, i remember going to a gig when i was about 13 or 14, not too sure, there was a band called The Music, it was the first gig i had ever been to see a band that i liked and i absolutely loved it, i danced my ass off and was shaking my head as if i was on a vast cocktail of drugs, but i was completely sober, unfortunately the band have faded a little and i wasn't too keen on the newest song i heard from them.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by amd123
wtf is up with all the hardcore, emo, screamo, fag ass bands and especially the ____________(insert random word here) x core bands >_> with all their gay 2 step hardcore faggot dances?

Err?
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
yea thats why i don't go to all the new band concerts cuz i don't like their image, imo nowadays its more about who can make the most money in the shortest amount of time and then the next guy comes in.
Quote by amd123
yea thats why i don't go to all the new band concerts cuz i don't like their image, imo nowadays its more about who can make the most money in the shortest amount of time and then the next guy comes in.

i think you've gotta look beyond much music.
I've gone to a few. I've gone to Gojira, Megadeth, High on Fire, In Flames 2x, CoB, 36 Crazy Fists, All That Remains (amazing, check em out), Job for a Cowboy (they were touring with In Flames, don't flame me), and some others.
They're pretty good. My advice: pee before you get there. Bathrooms get ****ed up fast. Also, the br00t4l looking metalheads aren't actually crazy people... they can be pretty normal/nice. And best of all, you don't need to bring your own bud!
Never been to a concert? I've been going to local gigs since 3rd grade. Start there.
concerts are awsome. I only wish i could have seen Pink Floyd
I don't understand, most of those bands still tour.
I saw Smashing Pumpkins and Metallica in 2008.

There's loads of good bands that play anywhere and everywhere.
You're being too picky, just go to show and have fun.

I went and saw The Used play with The Bled last night, not my favorite bands but they played an awesome show and worth the $6 I spent to see them.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
you really are missing out. i go to a few concerts every year, from local shows, to medium sized clubs, to stadium shows. all of them are a lot of fun.
I'm 42, I saw 'em all, and I was even there when Motorhead recorded 'No Sleep 'til Hammersmith!'

Yeah, concerts are a good crack.
Go to a concert you need to go to one there a great experience.

go with a friend or two and just revel in the anomousity the crowd brings
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
Quote by amd123
Well i'm a product of the early 90s generation so I missed out on the megadeth/metallica/alice in chains/tool/smashing pumpkins/etc.... list goes on forever concerts and well now that I can drive i don't feel like spending cash to go to a concert cuz most bands now adays are you know meh... and i can't afford airplane fare for download 2009 so well how are concerts?

I've seen 4 out of 5 of those bands in the past 3 years, so you haven't missed your chance (Haven't got a clue about Smashing Pumpkins though)
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

I've seen Megadeth, Machine Head and Iron Maiden. It's an awesome experience. You have this great pumping feeling inside you, and you really get to express it in an amazing way. You're surrounded by people who like the same music around you, and it's just beautiful.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
It's like having sex but louder and more women scream.

"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by SlackerBabbath
I'm 42, I saw 'em all, and I was even there when Motorhead recorded 'No Sleep 'til Hammersmith!'

Yeah, concerts are a good crack.

That is awesome, man! Us young people have truly missed music in its prime.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
Quote by I.O.T.M
It's like having sex but louder and more women scream.

And a lot cheaper than you'll ever get sex for...
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by vanshaya
That is awesome, man! Us young people have truly missed music in its prime.

It was the same for me at a young age too though, I missed the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, early Black Sabbath, Free, and all sorts of other bands that I was listening to at the time.

The Motorhead gig was exellent. (as always, I've seen them on almost every tour since 'Bomber')
One side of 'No Sleep...' was recorded at Leeds and the other at Newcastle, I was at Leeds. The supporting bands were a punk band called the Lightning Raiders, Tank (featuring Algy Ward from the Damned) and the biggest band from France at the time 'Trust' who wrote 'Antisocial' that was later covered by Anthrax.
Everyone needs to see Rush live.

Everyone.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Pat McRotch
yo man being tightly compacted with thousands of other sweaty dudes is unreal man... unreal

You sir, just earned a sig.

EDIT: Yeah going to concerts is awesome. If you get the chance and like see In Flames live they always have a good show, I'm seeing Exodus live soon and I heard they were really well organized and sounded like the stuido work, maybe better. :headabang:
Last edited by boyan89 at Mar 25, 2009,
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
And a lot cheaper than you'll ever get sex for...

And concerts last longer than you'll ever dream of lasting.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by daytripper75
you really are missing out. i go to a few concerts every year, from local shows, to medium sized clubs, to stadium shows. all of them are a lot of fun.

this. /thread.

It doesnt matter where u go, concerts are alomst always fun. Dude I paid $10 to see Warrant last month. They were pretty boring, but the atmospere and the opening band (local band) were AMAZING.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Live music should never be missed. I have a few people who I will go some great lengths to see live, like Les Claypool.

I actually did get to see some of the greats in their relative prime, but tbh, for every great concert by Led Zep there were at least two awful shows. People tend to get rather dodgy memories about concerts when talking about "great" bands.
Quote by Megadeth2011
this. /thread.

It doesnt matter where u go, concerts are alomst always fun. Dude I paid $10 to see Warrant last month. They were pretty boring, but the atmospere and the opening band (local band) were AMAZING.

I love it when the opening barely-known local band are better than the main attraction.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
It's pretty much like a 2 hour blow job.

It's a lot of fun, even more so if you really like the band. It's almost like meeting an actor/actress you like. Seeing a band you love playing live is just a great feeling.

I saw Daft Punk and it was quite possibly the most awesome thing I have ever seen. Not my top fav band or anything, but the show they put on was mind blowing. Seriously, I could hardly talk for a couple of days and I still remember the chills I had while I was there. I will never forget it
Quote by Gigatiran
I don't understand, most of those bands still tour.
I saw Smashing Pumpkins and Metallica in 2008.

There's loads of good bands that play anywhere and everywhere.
You're being too picky, just go to show and have fun.

I went and saw The Used play with The Bled last night, not my favorite bands but they played an awesome show and worth the $6 I spent to see them.

ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?! When they came through here The Used were charging $25 plus service fees for tickets...
^
Yep. That just sucks for the actual live act.

Thankfully for me in Bombay local gigs are not a problem..theres tons of them from bands of all genres.
And the only International acts that show up here do so when they become old and are replaced by something younger in their usual tour spots.

GO TO GIGS MOTHERLOVER
you're missing out on something.

especially if its the type of music you really like.
then it doesn't matter what you're doing or where you're standing.

you'll love it.

listening to pre-recorded music is great.
watching someone re-create it in front of you.
for you.

waaaay better.

its surreal.
thats exactly what it is.
*hopes no one notices lack-of-sig*

o noez !
we've been spotted.
ruuuuuuuun

my username was a mistake

get used to it.
Quote by Scissortooth
It's pretty much like a 2 hour blow job.

It's a lot of fun, even more so if you really like the band. It's almost like meeting an actor/actress you like. Seeing a band you love playing live is just a great feeling.

I saw Daft Punk and it was quite possibly the most awesome thing I have ever seen. Not my top fav band or anything, but the show they put on was mind blowing. Seriously, I could hardly talk for a couple of days and I still remember the chills I had while I was there. I will never forget it

d00d.
awesome.

DAFT PUNK..
:O

I love bands that put so much efforts into their shows.
*hopes no one notices lack-of-sig*

o noez !
we've been spotted.
ruuuuuuuun

my username was a mistake

get used to it.
I love watching bands play. From little bands playing at my school's open mic night to seeing big shows (although I haven't seen a lot). Even among the big acts there are loads of great live bands still around (Muse, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Radiohead, Incubus).

Also, there's an energy you get from live shows that you don't get from listening to the albums. You don't have to be a fan of the music to enjoy the performance (unless the artist is really crap), if they play really energetic music, there's good interaction between band and audience, the audience consists of cool people. I'd go to a Fall Out Boy show if I was offered free tickets (although the floodgate of preteen emo girls would probably piss me off really bad).
Quote by I.O.T.M
And concerts last longer than you'll ever dream of lasting.

And there are many more sweaty men dancing around you....

<.<
>.>

Forza Juve

'e voglia 'e mettere rum, chi nasce strunz' nun po' addiventà babbà
concerts are incredibly amazing, i think you should go to one.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
I've seen a lot of concerts over the years and have had a blast at most...especially when there is tailgating involved with nitrous balloons.
where are the feasts we were promised?
Nothing is like going to a gig.

I even get nervous before gigs for some reason. You just lose yourself in the music and just let it take you away for hours until you have to go home.

I always get cramp when I go to gigs though. Damn standing tickets.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Page 1 of 2