I like my amp....even thought its very small, I like how it sounds but is there a way I can get more distortion out of it? I was looking at Boss pedals...do you think they have something for me that will give me heavy distortion for some real heavy-death metal? Which Boss pedal should I get for this? If you have other suggestion, pelase share them with me.
Quote by rich_sg
I've been here nearly 4 years now. I get no respect.

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
Distortion + modeling amp = usually crap.

i suggest new amp, like a Vypyr 30.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
see the thing is that i dont want a new amp...ifi cant get the extra distortion out of this amp i'll live with what i have till i can really afford an amp that I want...not gonna blow money on another amp "for the meantime".
Quote by rich_sg

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
Are you SURE you want more gain?
A common thing I find with people who aren't too acute of hearing is that they assume that more gain is good, which quite often is the complete opposite. Cubes have a LOT of gain. Even the microcube.

Also: A pedal would be a bad idea.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Well, if you want more gain and Boss... definitely the ML-2. But get a bigger amp first.

Pedal + small amp = bad news bears
Quote by N_J_B_B

My first lolstack!
alright thanks. i cant return it because I've had the thing for almost a year
Quote by rich_sg

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
If you want a Boss pedal that's great for heavy metal, get the metal-zone. That's what I have, and I've loved it since the first chord I played through it
^
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
^

get out of my thread with that ****....
Quote by rich_sg

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
^

aw, don't be mean!
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
^oki..........
feel free to add me
The problem isn't a lack of gain, it's that the Microcube just sounds tinny. You're just not going to get a mega beefy death metal tone out of an amp with a speaker smaller than a gnat's arse.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by Yngwi3
Are you SURE you want more gain?
A common thing I find with people who aren't too acute of hearing is that they assume that more gain is good, which quite often is the complete opposite. Cubes have a LOT of gain. Even the microcube.

Also: A pedal would be a bad idea.

+ 9001, nothing annoys me more than when i see dumbasses plugging into decent amps with a lot of gain like a 5150 or mesa or whatever, and then they simply ruin the sound by turning the preamp gain all the way up, and they get a loose, fizzy, noisy, POS tone out of great equipment.

EDIT: just keep on saving until you can get an amp that can give you the huge metal sound your looking for. dont slow down your investments with pedals that ultimately dont sound that good
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Last edited by nutinpwnsgibson at Mar 24, 2009,