I'm currently in college and like many, I found I don't have enough time to do everything I need to do and still have a restfull sleep. Is there a type of meditation that could reduce my sleep hours and still have the energy from a restfull sleep?
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
just take a 90 minute nap during the day, that should get your energy up.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Yes, it's called crystal meth.
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
If I ever meditated, I would probably fall asleep during it.
I'M BACK IN THE SADDLE
There's an easy solution that doesn't require any elven ancestry.

Spend less time in the pit
More time in bed
I've been told of a yoga technique that, once mastered, can put you in a deep trance for about 15 minutes, and you'll wake up feeling like you've had a full night's rest.

But sometimes you can last longer than 15 minutes, and you can't wake yourself up, so you need someone to help.

I think it's called yoga nidra, but don't quote me on that.
If there was a meditation that helped you get more restful sleep I would be the one to know about it... but no, I've never heard of such a thing. A bit more research might help you, but I don't think it works that way. Meditate before you go to bed, it'll get you into REM a bit faster, but I don't think you'll get much more than you normally would.

But hey, if you find something PM me your findings, I'd love to see what you come up with if anything.
It's called chloroform.

just pop open a bottle and take a whiff.

Have someone come in and kick you in an hour or something so you don't over sleep.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Deep breathing exercises are pretty relaxing. Just focus on your breath and breathe in and out really slowly, at a steady pace with your eyes closed. Try to zone out all distractions. Works for me
Make a joyful noise.

Guild M-30

Peavy Audition 110 amp hey, i'm actually proud of this one.
boss ME-50
www.iamterrified.com
Dude sleep is overrated. It may not FEEL great to only get 4-5 hours a night, but you can function with it. Sleep when you're retired.
We're only strays.
OK wait... you're not sleeping enough.... so you want to do something while awake that will allow you to sleep less but still get rest...

Why don't you just take that time you're meditating and sleep?
get over it... you're in college. i haven't found anyone in college that gets a full nights rest. it's part of the lifestyle. if it doesn't kill you it'll make you stronger
ohhhh i know of some "enhanced meditation" u could try...if ya get what i mean...it'll mellow you out.
I smoke like Rasta, got hair like pasta
I be sippin' on them shots then bustin' rhymes like Busta

Load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911
Quote by vanhailin
ohhhh i know of some "enhanced meditation" u could try...if ya get what i mean...it'll mellow you out.

Um...

Weed?
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by dark&broken
OK wait... you're not sleeping enough.... so you want to do something while awake that will allow you to sleep less but still get rest...

Why don't you just take that time you're meditating and sleep?

I thought the exact same thing when I opened this thread.
TS needs to realise that most of us sleep poorly, and after 3 or 13 hours of sleep we never feel any better at all, usually worse than when we dozed off.
Fact of life, you gotta get used to it unfortunately.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by vjferrara
get over it... you're in college. i haven't found anyone in college that gets a full nights rest. it's part of the lifestyle. if it doesn't kill you it'll make you stronger

Yea, I know that it's a part of going to college but if there's a way to get the rest of a full night sleep with less sleep why not try it.
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Last edited by blues-guitarist at Mar 24, 2009,
Tibetan Buddhist monks living in monasteries supposedly only sleep 4-5 hours a day, as their meditative regiments reduce the level of sleep their body requires. It takes years of dedicated practice, though.
Quote by Spamwise
Tibetan Buddhist monks living in monasteries supposedly only sleep 4-5 hours a day, as their meditative regiments reduce the level of sleep their body requires. It takes years of dedicated practice, though.

Yea, I'm reading about this type of Yoga called Yoga Nidra which takes you to a conscious sleep state and an hour of this yoga equal four hours of sleep. I don't know how much is fact but it's pretty interesting, here's the article Im reading

http://www.swamij.com/yoga-nidra.htm
-Homer Simpson
Last edited by blues-guitarist at Mar 24, 2009,