Yeah, i liked the good ol' days when everybody was happy and nobody was mean.
That's brilliant.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
"Your sitting in a chair...IN THE SKY!"

Best. Line. Ever.

I'm gonna look into this guys work, he's hilarious.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Last edited by YourDad at Mar 24, 2009,
Well, simplicity is the thing of the past. Complexity just annoys people because they don't have the attention span for it anymore.
Love this, my physics teacher let me stay after class and into the next one to show me this
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Louis CK is amazing.

"New York to California in 5 hours. That used to take 30 years, and a bunch of you would die on the way there and have a baby. You'd be a whole different group of people by the time you got there. Now, you watch a movie, you take a dump, and you're home."
Quote by creeping.death!
Funny, but his argument is crap to be honest.

He's right in a way though.

I had a bloody rotary phone , not fun.
Even complaining about that is ridiculous, I mean, People used to have to just wait till they saw a person to tell them something.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
I think there was a calvin and hobbes like this, the father ranted on the simplicity topic, and the last panel was calvin looking at a TV dinner saying "It takes 4 minutes to cook this? who has that kind of time?"
he's good, I'm surprised I've never heard his stuff before
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
He's right in a way though.

I had a bloody rotary phone , not fun.
Even complaining about that is ridiculous, I mean, People used to have to just wait till they saw a person to tell them something.

I don't really see how he's right in any way, shape, or form.
The fact that people today have higher standards of living does not take away their right to complain about stuff. The same argument he used could be used to say that people who lived decades ago didn't have phones, so he shouldn't complain about having to spin it all the way to dial zero (I know complaining about that is ridiculous [as you said], but it could be applied to anything)

Quote by severed-metal
Well, simplicity is the thing of the past. Complexity just annoys people because they don't have the attention span for it anymore.

I disagree. Simplicity and complexity are both relative.
Last edited by creeping.death! at Mar 24, 2009,
Quote by creeping.death!
^That.

Not much need to quote you since we're more or less the only ones going to be visiting this thread...but i'll do it anyways.

Anyways, if you look at a lot of how our world is run, it's on a very complex level, compared to how things used to be...yes, we did simplify things from the old days, like, instead of milking 10 cows by hand, we do it using machines and we just push a button. But, how we construct machines is far beyond simple. Most things we do isn't on a simplistic level anymore.

But, you probably don't think it's complex because you've been born and raised around it, correct? Correct me if i'm wrong by all means..don't do it just to fuck with me either, i'll hurt you.
Quote by creeping.death!
I don't really see how he's right in any way, shape, or form.
The fact that people today have higher standards of living does not take away their right to complain about stuff. The same argument he used could be used to say that people who lived decades ago didn't have phones, so he shouldn't complain about having to spin it all the way to dial zero (I know complaining about that is ridiculous [as you said], but it could be applied to anything)

I disagree. Simplicity and complexity are both relative.

Fun ruiner.

Looking for my India/Django.
Louis CK is the best comedian alive, and I stand by that stalwartly.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Quote by Riddler
Louis CK is the best comedian alive, and I stand by that stalwartly.

I guess you're lucky that Carlin passed recently.