Hey guys, at this time, I am not in a band and I seriously would like to find one....I am hoping to get some tips from some of all....What are the best ideas to find drummers and bassists and such.
Ask friends if they know someone that plays an instrument. If your in school, ask around to find people who play. You can check out craigslist and myspace music classifieds for people in your area.
Maybe go sit on a city sidewalk and play the guitar hoping that random people will talk to you...
craigslist or myspace musician classifies
Or chil in a music store and ask around or put some posters.
go to local shows that are the kind of music you want to play.

start making friends.

it may take awhile, but eventually one band will be in need of a, well im assuming youre a guitarist.
Guitars
Schecter Omen 6
Agile LP 2500
Kramer RR V
Amp
Peavey 6505
4x12 with Eminence Screamin' Eagles
Others
Mogami Cables
Korg DTR-1000
Furman M-8 Power Conditioner
MXR Smartgate
BBE Sonic Maximizer
My Band
www.myspace.com/gdbr
use the power of the internet
myspace music classfied's
also if you have myspace yourself
just post thosev annoying bulletins until someone replies
saying they play bass or know someone who does
Quote by superfish123
use the power of the internet
myspace music classfied's
also if you have myspace yourself
just post thosev annoying bulletins until someone replies
saying they play bass or know someone who does

wow i just can't beleive
that this is the new fad
whats with all these little
ten year olds writing like this
ive commented before
stop it please
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster
Why don't you just all jam and see what comes out

That wat she said!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch Jason Newsted pisses off James Hetfield on YouTube.
Post ads on singles sites as an attractive young female looking for a good time.

Then when people call, just say: "Sorry, she's not here right now. Do you play bass?"
Gear

Gibson '57 Les Paul Reissue
Marshall TSL 601
EHX: Big Muff, Metal Muff, Small Stone, POG, 2880
Ibanez TS808
Voodoo Labs Microvibe
Analogman Chorus
Morley Bad Horsie II
Keeley Compressor (C4)
Nova Delay
MXR 10-band EQ
Quote by Guitartist
Post ads on singles sites as an attractive young female looking for a good time.

Then when people call, just say: "Sorry, she's not here right now. Do you play bass?"

Hahahaha FTW!!!!!!
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster

Quote by pengiunman
wow i just can't beleive
that this is the new fad
whats with all these little
ten year olds writing like this
ive commented before
stop it please

Screw that,

Stupid kids write bad
When they stop i'll be glad
Stupid f**king kids

Haiku FTW
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by TOMMYB22
Screw that,

Stupid kids write bad
When they stop i'll be glad
Stupid f**king kids

Haiku FTW

No I don't mean like a poem. And I found it out, it's that fish guy. He writes one complete thought in three lines it's so retarded.
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster

All the above mentioned internet options are good.

For old dudes like me, it's tough to find bandmates who don't have crazy schedule conflicts with job/wife/kids AND like to play in a similar genre AND have musical goals similar to mine.

Locally we have open mic nights at various bars, and those are always a good source of networking with local musicians.

Personally, I got tired of breaking myself in half to get a consistent lineup, so I just do open mic with backing tracks either from www.guitarbackingtrack.com or ones I've made from Guitar Pro tracks after muting out the guitar parts. It satisfies my need for live playing for now.

Good luck!
Adverts in music shop windows

Put an add out in a local newspaper if you can afford to

Go to gigs and ask around
I am not saying that putting up adds is a bad idea but in my own experiences they have been bad I advertised for a drummer one year and found out halfway through our first jam he had schizophrenia when halfway through a song he jumped up of his stool and kicked his drum kit over and smashed it up. That was a surreal experience and a half i can tell you And then a few guitarists who couldnt play after saying they had x amount of years under their belts was more like weeks of playing. Go to as many gigs as you can and introduce your self to a lot of people. You never know who might be in the crowd Good luck to you man
aquagrave

Thats a fair point. You could get a few although it could just you being unlucky maybe, no offense meant thought.
hey man no offense taken i have had some pretty bad luck in the past but the guys im with now have made all those dramas well worth it
Christ, I feel you man, it's hard to find a band.

There are many websites up where people can find members, but if you look, people only respond to about 1/4 any of the posts. Then there's issues of transportation, there's people who say they might be interested but never call you back, just sucks. There's also the issue of age, I think I might have to start going to local gigs and finding some people, but it just turns out that the smallest places ( i.e ones that could truly showcase local bands ) sustain themselves by selling alcohol, which means they're 21+ 99 percent of the time. That or they have no internet coverage. I'd hate to have to start looking at my school.
Quote by Toniofalcon
Christ, I feel you man, it's hard to find a band.

There are many websites up where people can find members, but if you look, people only respond to about 1/4 any of the posts. Then there's issues of transportation, there's people who say they might be interested but never call you back, just sucks. There's also the issue of age, I think I might have to start going to local gigs and finding some people, but it just turns out that the smallest places ( i.e ones that could truly showcase local bands ) sustain themselves by selling alcohol, which means they're 21+ 99 percent of the time. That or they have no internet coverage. I'd hate to have to start looking at my school.

Yeah man that point about the small places selling alcohol is a good one have you ever had the drunken talk about jamming with someone only to have one or both parties forgetting all about it and if only one person remembers it you have the awkward conversation of "who are you"
Quote by Guitartist

****ing genious
The best way to find other musicians is to post on an internet forum instead of asking around or posting up advertisements.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.