I have heard some claims that Gibson Explorers and PRS solid body guitars get the best shimmering, warmest etc cleans. Which got me thinking of the bigger question in general.

What're your thoughts on this question?
Personal preference and amp/effects/EQ pretty much decide the answer.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

It's almost entirely up to the amp.

The best cleans from any guitar that I've owned, and my favorite sounding cleans are coming from EMG 89's, or EMG 808s. I have many other guitars, all of which do cleans well, but it's all personal preference.

HH includes semi-hollowbody guitars as well.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Also depends on the pickups in the guitar and how they're wired - a PAF wired in parallel is going to sound a lot better clean than a series wired high-output ceramic.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Mar 25, 2009,
personally i love the warm clean tone out of maton electric guitars.
Gear:
Maton MS503
Squier Strat
Randall RG75DG3+
H & K 100W Switchblade
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Digitech Crossroads
Digitech Jamman
Zoom G1

Quote by Sol9989
Caramello wins life.

Quote by A8039077
Caramello, that's mother****ing genius!
Gibson ES models (semi's) through a Fender Twin are about as good as HH guitars get with cleans. Telecasters with single coils always sound beautiful and shimmery but i personally don't think solid bodied guitars can get the same transparency of clean tone as semi's. They have too much thump in the bottom end, especially Les Pauls.

Can't say i've ever played a PRS hollowbody so can't comment but i think PRS are massively over rated anyway.
Current Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Custom ('77)
Fender USA Telecaster Deluxe

Amp :

Hughes & Kettner TriAmp Head
Mesa Rectifier 2x12 Cab
PRS Hollowbodies are amazing and pretty light compared to their solidbody counterparts. They sound very nice, and play like a dream. Also consider the Epiphone Dot or the Gibson ES's like these guys said. Even look into Ibanez hollowbodies.