marshall jcm 900.. 2 channels, independent reverbs. when i plug in my footswitch (boss fs-5l latching action) the reverb completely stops in both channels. whether the footswitch is pressed or not, it doesnt matter... just plugging it in kills the reverb. any ideas? lame footswitch maybe? it was cheap.. just an A/B channel footswitcher, not an effect pedal.
One sec. I think I have that same footswitch. If I do, I have an answer for you.

EDIT: Yeah, first you need a 2 band chord and then you have to flip the 'polarity' switch. Also, you can't switch the reverb and dist. on/off independantly. I need to get a switch with 2 buttons.
Last edited by The.new.guy at Mar 24, 2009,
Quote by The.new.guy
One sec. I think I have that same footswitch. If I do, I have an answer for you.

EDIT: Yeah, first you need a 2 band chord and then you have to flip the 'polarity' switch. Also, you can't switch the reverb and dist. on/off independantly. I need to get a switch with 2 buttons.

yea i know i cant do reverb and dist independently... tried flippin the polarity switch and it didnt solve the reverb problem. i thought it was just a channel changer footswitch.. like clean A channel has certain amount of gain and verb, and crunchy B has more gain and more verb. and shouldnt the footswitch just flip from A channel to B channel and back again?
different companies have different mechanism for footswitches, and they are often not interchangeable. The best solution is get a footswitch that was made to work with your amp.

The problem here is that your amp is made to use a footswitch that also controls the reverb, and since you only have an A/B switch it's just assuming that the reverb has been switched off.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Mar 24, 2009,
Quote by jhole
yea i know i cant do reverb and dist independently... tried flippin the polarity switch and it didnt solve the reverb problem. i thought it was just a channel changer footswitch.. like clean A channel has certain amount of gain and verb, and crunchy B has more gain and more verb. and shouldnt the footswitch just flip from A channel to B channel and back again?

Well, do you have a 2 band chord with it? That's the problem I had. Yeah, that's what I thought too; That it should just flip the channels, but I can't figure out how to do it that way without killing the reverb when I shut the dist. off.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
different companies have different mechanism for footswitches, and they are often not interchangeable. The best solution is get a footswitch that was made to work with your amp.

The problem here is that your amp is made to use a footswitch that also controls the reverb, and since you only have an A/B switch it's just assuming that the reverb has been switched off.

alright gotcha. and i dont have a 2 band cable.. is that a sound investment? what else am i gonna use a 2 band cable for?
yeah a 2 band cable might work, you're going to need one with the proper footswitch anyway so I would go ahead and get one.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm