I've always wondered why strats have two tone knobs, what does the second tone knob do that the first one doesnt?
MUST....BUY.....MORE.......PEDALS.....!
i dont mess with that stuff
i turn the tone all the way up on my guitar and i mess with the tone from my amp knobs

.....so basically, i have no idea
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
des it make a difference? It's a damn good guitar, and it plays well. Who cares why it has something?
They actually control different pickups' tone. The top tone (closest to the volume knob) controls the neck pickup and the bottom controls the middle pickup.

No tone knob for the bridge pickup unless you get yours modded like I did : )
Tobacco Sunburst Fender Strat
(Lollar Dirty Blonde pickups)
Fulltone FatBoost
MI Audio BoostnBuff
Fulltone OCD
This1smyne "Pearl"
Wilson 10Spot II
Red Witch Phaser
Fulltone ChoralFlange
BOSS DD-7+DD-20
Tech21 RVB
'59 Bassman Reissue
Quote by Denthrare
They actually control different pickups' tone. The top tone (closest to the volume knob) controls the neck pickup and the bottom controls the middle pickup.

No tone knob for the bridge pickup unless you get yours modded like I did : )

thanks
i was thinking of getting a strat but i was just puzzled about that one thing only
MUST....BUY.....MORE.......PEDALS.....!
My MIA strat's second tone knob controls both the middle and bridge. I love that think, the S1 plus the tone knobs gives me some awesome tones. My favorites are the neck tone all the way down while the bridge and middle are all the way up, and I use the neck and middle. Using the middle position with the S1 (all of the pickups) with the neck turned down and the bridge and middle turned to 5 is also magical. It's so smooth and creamy. Full with just the right amount of brightness. You should mess with the controls of your guitars. You can find some amazing tones.
Yeah I read you; I was double-checking my post's credibility and ran across a couple models of Strats that have the bottom tone knob routed to both the bridge and the middle pickup, by the way. So I wasn't completely right the first time.

Anyway, go for it. I went Strat and I'll never go back.
Tobacco Sunburst Fender Strat
(Lollar Dirty Blonde pickups)
Fulltone FatBoost
MI Audio BoostnBuff
Fulltone OCD
This1smyne "Pearl"
Wilson 10Spot II
Red Witch Phaser
Fulltone ChoralFlange
BOSS DD-7+DD-20
Tech21 RVB
'59 Bassman Reissue
Strats can be wired different ways depending on the model. Im not a fan of a single tone knob. Some do like it that way. So its all preference.
my new strat deluxe HSS has only one tone knob, can't really say i miss the two knob version which i have on an older strat.

i tend to set the tone fairly neutral on the guitar and tweak the amp for tonal variation.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
I actually prefer to wire the neck and bridge together on the tone pot myself, but it's all personal preference.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
As stated, one controls the neck; the other, the middle.

Now, I don't want to hijack nuffin' here, but would anyone recommend wiring the tone knob from the middle pup of my Strat to the bridge? I kinda wanna be able to cut out some of the screech I get. I rarely use the tone knob for the middle, jus' cause I like that quack.

I'm also a fan of Eric Johnson, and I read in an interview that he turns the tone knob of his bridge pickup down some for the Cliffs of Dover sound. So I assume he had some modding done. Yay or nay?
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
As stated, one controls the neck; the other, the middle.

Now, I don't want to hijack nuffin' here, but would anyone recommend wiring the tone knob from the middle pup of my Strat to the bridge? I kinda wanna be able to cut out some of the screech I get. I rarely use the tone knob for the middle, jus' cause I like that quack.

I'm also a fan of Eric Johnson, and I read in an interview that he turns the tone knob of his bridge pickup down some for the Cliffs of Dover sound. So I assume he had some modding done. Yay or nay?

one simply wire. From the terminal on the switch where the bridge pup comes into the switch to the same terminal where the middle pickup comes in.

If I'm mistaken, someone can correct me. That's how I did it on my strat, or at least remember doing it.
^ Alright, Thomme, I think I understand ya.

Although I am still short on cash, I might be swapping the pickups soon, so I figured I could maybe have a "tech" at L&M do the tone control for me as well... they'd better not screw it up, they already muffed up my bridge... or wait, no, it came like that and they never fixed it.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
^ Alright, Thomme, I think I understand ya.

Although I am still short on cash, I might be swapping the pickups soon, so I figured I could maybe have a "tech" at L&M do the tone control for me as well... they'd better not screw it up, they already muffed up my bridge... or wait, no, it came like that and they never fixed it.

it's worth it. I had no choice with my strat though, one of the previous owns put this dimi hot single in with a steel baseplate... it's the nastiest, harshest single coil I've ever heard. It's useless without a tone control.
Does any one know which knobs control which on the MIM deluxe player strat thanks it would b dope to find out.
On MIM the knobs control Neck and Middle.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
I love having two tone knobs. So when I want to swith tones in the middle of a song I don't have to mess with it between pickups
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Quote by Bob_Sagget
Does any one know which knobs control which on the MIM deluxe player strat thanks it would b dope to find out.

I thought the deluxe player only had one master tone and the other was a dummy coil or something...

nope, it's middle and neck.