Page 1 of 2
My band is called Kakarot!

ADD US ON FACEBOOK!

Our EP, EP was released through iTunes and you can now purchase it for $8!

We play metal/metalcore/hardcore/whatever feels cool. We drift to deathcore influences along with mathcore. We aren't really tied down to a certain genre.

Members -
Anthony (guitar)
Brandon (drums)
Trevor (guitar)
AJ (bass)

Let me know what you think! We'd love input, suggestions, anything you want really, just drop a comment and add us.

Upcoming Shows:
Mini-tour
May 21-24

Thanks.

We are currently looking for a new vocalist, possibly our old vocalist if he's down. I'll keep this post updated.

Kakarot!
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Last edited by brandon369852 at May 10, 2011,
You named your band after a character in Dragonball Z?

Good luck to you guys though. I'll check it out tonight.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
You named your band after a character in Dragonball Z?

Good luck to you guys though. I'll check it out tonight.

Well, we were named after something for some reason(thinline), then we decided it wasn't that good, and everyone seemed to like it, so yeah, we did.

Thanks, I'll check out any band you want me to as well. Thanks.
Follow me on Twitter
The Mario song made me chuckle seven times.
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Quote by GNiCk89
The Mario song made me chuckle seven times.

Thanks for the listen.

It's even funnier because the lyrics all pertain to super mario.
Follow me on Twitter
Shame I can't understand a goddamn word.
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Quote by GNiCk89
Shame I can't understand a goddamn word.

To be honest, I couldn't either until they told me what they were. It's okay, I'm only the drummer.

So thumbs up, down?
Follow me on Twitter
Super Mario: That made me lawl pretty hard with the intro haha. Someone knows how to sweep pick
Blood Bath Spath: You guys are definitely everywhere in this song. I like some of your guys riffs in this song, I just don't like some of the harmony choices around 1:50 or so. It's hard to tell how good you guys are, cause I think you guys would sound kick ass live, but the recording is a little rough. I'm not going to lie I think my speakers almost blew up at that boom. I like that solo a lot at the end.
I have a hard time hearing your screamer clearly so I can't tell you exactly what I think of him. I like your guitar work, and I think you guys would sound great if you had some quality recordings! Keep me up to date man, and thanks for checking out my stuff.
GOMEZ
Originally posted by Marroon5MustDie
It's spelled khoyaschotsii. Trust me, I'm a Native American. My name is Running Rainbow.
Quote by gomezisastud07
Super Mario: That made me lawl pretty hard with the intro haha. Someone knows how to sweep pick
Blood Bath Spath: You guys are definitely everywhere in this song. I like some of your guys riffs in this song, I just don't like some of the harmony choices around 1:50 or so. It's hard to tell how good you guys are, cause I think you guys would sound kick ass live, but the recording is a little rough. I'm not going to lie I think my speakers almost blew up at that boom. I like that solo a lot at the end.
I have a hard time hearing your screamer clearly so I can't tell you exactly what I think of him. I like your guitar work, and I think you guys would sound great if you had some quality recordings! Keep me up to date man, and thanks for checking out my stuff.

Well, we're actually recording on my bassist's patio as of lately, and haven't had a decent recording since a year ago. I'd say you probably won't get the full effect until you see us live, as that is when we have the most fun, you know.

Thanks for the critique, I greatly appreciate it, and I will for sure keep you updated.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by gomezisastud07
Someone knows how to sweep pick

Thank you, thank you.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=457121844

^ NEW recordings up there! they sound better, with great vox. ours are the second and third songs on the music player, although the third is is just a demo.

input plox!
Last edited by Mr. B at Mar 26, 2009,
Dude, your stuff is really good.
The clean singing deffinetly needs some work though. llol
love is love // return to dust
Quote by tancanada
Dude, your stuff is really good.
The clean singing deffinetly needs some work though. llol

We don't sing too much anymore, ever since that one song. I doubt we'll sing anymore.
Follow me on Twitter
HUGE SHOW UPDATE.

Our band's first MAJOR show, playing with THE NUMBER TWELEVE LOOKS LIKE YOU! This is our first "big" show with a widely known band, and we are VERY excited.
Follow me on Twitter
The sweeping was really clean.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Quote by Monolith295
The sweeping was really clean.

The guitarist said "Wooooo thanks."

Thanks for listening.
Follow me on Twitter
Sorry for the sick bump, but I just wanted to let people know we just got some new, remastered recordings up on our Myspace.

If anyone wants to check them out, do it, and let me know what you think!

Thanks.
Follow me on Twitter
Huge update!

If you haven't been following us at all, which I'm sure no one has, it's the perfect chance to start now! We are starting a week, 5 city-Midwest tour involving:
  • Souix City, Iowa
  • Iowa City OR Des Moines, Iowa
  • Witchita, Kansas
  • Kansas City, Missouri/Kansas(not sure which)
  • Probably another stop somewhere south, Oklahoma maybe?
  • Lincoln, Nebraska(maybe)
  • HOPEFULLY up to South Dakota.

If you live ANYWHERE near ANY of these cities, it would mean THE WORLD to us if you came out and supported in anyways. Whether that be buying merch, giving us a couple bucks for gas, because we're really just a couple of 16/17 year old kids out on the road with a rented U-Haul. So please! Check out our MySpace! and keep in touch. We REALLY need your support and help. Thanks for taking the time.

-Kakarot!
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by Chase_Jarvis23
I would really like to see you guys come to Dallas, TX!

Honestly, the chances of us getting down to Texas are slim to none.

But! August 8, we'll be in Witchita, which isn't too far away.

I'll let you know if we get put on a bigger tour. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by SacrificeMe
haha this is hilarious

Sure is. Go to our myspace, we have new recordings.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by BenG76
U guys rock I loved the SMB inspred song. Keep it up.

Thanks a lot man! Keep checking. We're constantly putting out new recordings so you can hear our progress. Remember to check tour dates if you live midwest US.
Follow me on Twitter
Bump for new song update. We're recording today in the studio, will probably have the new song up in a week or so. I think it's our best song yet, so check it out; I'll keep you all posted.
Follow me on Twitter
Haha that's some pretty cool stuff. I'd prefer Bowser Ain't S***! and Operation Fiscal Jackhammer over Blood Bath Spath! Personal preference I guess though. Instruments are mad in all the songs. I'd really like to see what you guys are like live.

And you must really like exclamation marks =)
Quote by denfilade
Haha that's some pretty cool stuff. I'd prefer Bowser Ain't S***! and Operation Fiscal Jackhammer over Blood Bath Spath! Personal preference I guess though. Instruments are mad in all the songs. I'd really like to see what you guys are like live.

And you must really like exclamation marks =)

We used to call "Bowser Ain't Shit!" Super Mario Breakdown, but our bassist decided to change it out of no where, and I don't know where the exclamation marks came from. Probably for the lulz.

Thanks for listening. Our CD release show is August 8th(I think) so if anyone here wants to buy one over the internet, PM yo.
Follow me on Twitter
Bump for EP release date set on August 1st. Check out OP for more details. PM me for details to purchase.

Please, everyone, check out our EP! It would mean so much even if you ripped it without paying to show your friends and get us known so when we get out on tour this coming year, people will actually go!
Follow me on Twitter
Our Myspace was hacked and we got a new one. We will be updating with the new one because our old password was changed and we can't get into it. Our EP is now up on the new myspace which is:

http://www.myspace.com/kakarot402

Please, check it out! It will be up for sale this Tuesday!

OP has been changed!

Make sure you buy it instead of ripping them off of Myspace because there will be more tracks that haven't been released.

Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter
I enjoy this significantly. If you guys could actually get up some good quality recordings I would buy this...of course, I haven't been able to check your Myspace yet, just the UG profile, so I might be all wrong.
Quote by punkforlife93
I enjoy this significantly. If you guys could actually get up some good quality recordings I would buy this...of course, I haven't been able to check your Myspace yet, just the UG profile, so I might be all wrong.

Check out the Myspace, we have good recordings, plus an EP.

Thanks to everyone for checking us out!

Keep checking the Myspace for updates. We are playing with Silverstein next month, real stoked. We're getting into the studio sometime this Summer, hopefully, and will put out a full-length. We do also need your help to get on Warped Tour! So if everyone could help vote, it's quick and easy, and could mean the world to us. Thanks

http://www.battleofthebands.com/kakarot402
Follow me on Twitter
Hehe, I remember you, you made a thread in the pit asking for help with t-shirt artwork or something.

Anyway, your music is pretty good, I'm just not a huge fan of those kind of vocals. Your guitarist is pretty talented, the drumming is tight, and it's overall pretty sweet.

Thanks to everyone who was checking us out! I have some pretty big updates, some of which could be appealing to people on the site.

1) We are playing with Silverstein on April 21. It's our biggest show so far, and we are definitely looking forward to it.

2) We will be touring this summer, starting June 10 until about the 22. We will be hitting hotspots all across the midwest, to midwestern Nebraska, South Dakota, Iowa, Missouri, and Kansas. I will post the dates and cities as they are booked. I will also post the cities we are looking forward to play in and hopefully we can get some help on here.

Thanks to everyone who checked us out! We are also trying to get on the Kansas City Warped Tour show this Summer as well. If you could vote for us, that would be great.

http://www.battleofthebands/kakarot402
Follow me on Twitter
Sounds pretty good, not a fan of the video-game-songs because I hate that kinda songs. The intro of Operation Fiscal Jackhammer and those CoBish screams were pretty good!

Pretty solid stuff. I'd buy it!

Please check out my band, and C4C
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
I'm writing all this as I listen to the songs, but so far, I like it dude. I was definitely not expecting much, what with the name Kakarot! (You know that shit means carrot, right?) I like the jazz-ish outro in How Do You Figure, as well as the break down (that bass boom was siick)

Trial By Stone was pretty solid, it was pretty memorable.

Lawl @ Bowser Ain't Shit (Mario melody-->BASS BOOM FROM HELL!)

Blood Bath Spath: You should use bass boom more sparingly. I know I was all enthusiastic about it a minute ago, but you really shouldn't use it in EVERY song, it kinda loses it's epic-ness when it's in every song. I'll put this in DBZ terms so it doesn't seem so harsh: Would the Spirit Bomb be as epic if Goku used that shit in every fight? Think of your bass booms as spirit bombs, only use that ****er when you're willing to blow half the planet away.

Operation Fiscal Jackhammer: I liked the Hot Rod reference, it made me smile. Pretty solid song. No breakdowns, I'm glad you guys finally listened to me. That quick sweep at the very end was tight.

Fetal Fries: Woah, that jazzy part in the middle took me by surprise, but it was a good surprise. The second half the song had some really cool riffage going on in it.

Overall, I think it'd be something that I would listen on my own time. Good work, keep it up. If you guys come to Los Angeles I'd definitely go to a show.
Dude, I have totally heard of you guys. I'm in The Curse Of Hail, from Des Moines. We should do some show swaps sometime.
Well, at least you don't like it because of the type of song.

Thanks a lot, Matthew! I really appreciate you checking us out and listening. Really means a lot that you put that time into it. You should vote for us on battle of the bands to play a stage on warped tour, if you're willing.

http://www.battleofthebands.com/kakarot402

Awesome man! If you've heard of Greg the Hero, they're from Iowa(not sure the city) and they come out all the time and play shows. Add us on myspace, and we'll definitely set up some shows here or there, or in between! I'll check you guys out, just let us know if you want to play sometime!
Follow me on Twitter
Page 1 of 2