i know this probably sounds stupid, but can you mix a set of 10's and a set of 9's? i need the 10's for the lower strings of my seven-string, other wise it rattles, and i want the 9's on the higher strings so i can bend them. The question is, if i mix them can i hurt my guitar?
Lots of great guitarists mix strings. Steve Howe uses 12E & 12B on all his electric guitars. Mostly bends on the B. It won't hurt the guitar unless you do some ridiculous combo. Check it fits the nut ok.
Last edited by Tempoe at Mar 25, 2009,
i know they fit, i've had the 10's on, but i dont' like how the 10's bend. so 10's and 9's should be okay?
ya, you'll be good. in fact GHS TNT"S are half a set of 10's and half a set of 11's, you might look around and see if you could find the same thing but with everything a gauge higher.
My Gear:
Fender Stratocaster Deluxe HSS
Hagstrom HIIN
Crate Palomino V32H w/ matching cab.
Roland Cube 60
Roland Micro Cube
BOSS ME-20
Digitech Bad Monkey
Art and Lutherie acoustic
ernie ball hybrid pack. its just what you said.
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
Most string manufacturers offer a Light Top Heavy Bottom sets, which should save you some bucks.
thanks, i'll look into that, have to see if they have a seven set thats like that.
No you can't do this.

If you do the guitar fairy will come and blow-up your guitar lol .
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster
Why don't you just all jam and see what comes out

That wat she said!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch Jason Newsted pisses off James Hetfield on YouTube.
i like mixing mine around, i like the bottom 3 strings to be from 10's or 11's, with the top three being from 9's.

well thats for any guitar i own with a floyd rose, anything with a fixed bridge gets a full set of 10s
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
it's fixed, but i like being able to bend. Also for the guy with the fairy comment, i just wanted to make sure i wasn't going to warp my neck or something from the differnce in strain.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
don't mix strings from different manufacturers or different series.. you might get big differences in tone, volume and tension.. other than that, experiment if you got the time, nothing really bad can come out of it...