I know the wrappings dont do much but I love the looks of them. What strings have these? Do any ernie balls have these?
I believe that some DR's and some Rotosounds have these. Not really sure. I think the point of the red wrappings is to create more friction between the string and the tuning post. Thus keeping you in tune better.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Quote by imafool18
Ernie Ball has "Pink" strings that come in a pink package, but aren't really pink...

EDIT: Nvm, here: http://www.amazon.com/DR-Strings-HOT-PINK-Electric/dp/B000K6B1UM

You seem lost.

Quote by Revelation
I believe that some DR's and some Rotosounds have these. Not really sure. I think the point of the red wrappings is to create more friction between the string and the tuning post. Thus keeping you in tune better.

I thought it was to show where it was safe to cut the string, but that makes sense.
probably both.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
You mean the silks?
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
Quote by Revelation
I think the point of the red wrappings is to create more friction between the string and the tuning post. Thus keeping you in tune better.

Sounds good, but I reckon they'd be more common if they did. Rotosounds do have them, in red I beleive (its been a long time since Ive been home), Ernie Balls don't, neither do D'Addario, but I think DR might. Fender strings certainly do.
Attendez la creme!
"Harry dear, its an inaminate object"

"YOU'RE AN INANIMATE OBJECT!"
Rotosounds (red silks) and Stadium Elites (blue silk). And I believe some Fenders do as well.
My favourite colour is the blue silk on stadium elites, make my bass look so sexy
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
rotosounds are better anyway.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Ken Smith strings have pink-ish/purple-ish silk on them. Rotosounds have red.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Where are ya'll getting the Rotos with silk wraps? All the ones I've bought didn't have them.
My first bass I bought used had red silk on them, and the guy said it had half-round Roto's.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
hi
my rotosound tru-bass 88 flats have gold/yellow silk.
i have a set of roto steel round that have red silk