Where would you draw the line? How often someone gets drunk or how it effects their life overall?

My parents think I have one because I have three to six beers a night.
Whatever happened to sweet Jane?
Can you have fun without drinking? Can you get together with people without drinking? Can you not drink any beer if you didn't want to?

To me, a drinking problem means you can no longer choose whether or not you can drink, you just drink.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
Where would you draw the line? How often someone gets drunk or how it effects their life overall?

As long as you can handle yourself, I would say you're fine. If you can't go a few days without it I would say you have a problem...
Quote by DoTheEvolution

technically the conditions for alcoholism are very strict, and most teenagers that get out would fall under them. one of them even is if you ever get sick from drinking and drink more you're considered an alcoholic; ridiculous.

so technically it is how often you drink, but if it is not effecting their life i wouldn't be concerned. (although i'm obligated to say it will always effect your health negatively)
███████████████████████████████████
Quote by DoTheEvolution

That is an indicator of a drinking problem, but it's a lot more complicated, the main thing is that you feel compelled to drink and can't not drink, that's the main indicator.

Quote by tona_107
technically the conditions for alcoholism are very strict, and most teenagers that get out would fall under them. one of them even is if you ever get sick from drinking and drink more you're considered an alcoholic; ridiculous.

You're misusing diagnostic criterion, in order to be considered an alcoholic you have to meet 4-5 of the indicators, not just one.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Mar 25, 2009,
Drinking until you can't feel feelings anymore.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Do you ever get drunk on your own? Does it happen on a regular basis? That's a problem.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Once it starts invading on **** you need to do it's a problem. Or if you can't be controlled when you drink, that's kinda my problem. But 3-6 beers a night, doesn't sound like you're too ****ed by me
"Your just a monkey in a monkey suit, aww yeah!"-Piebald "Long Nights"
I don't really know how long I could go with out drinking. It's just like "eh, I'm bored, time to drink." so I do. But I mean I don't think it's ****ing anything up, like yea I will drink alone, mostly because I drink after work and don't want to spend a lot of money at the bar. But I go to the bar once or twice a week usually. I dunno...I really don't know if it's a problem or that I just really like to drink.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I don't really know how long I could go with out drinking. It's just like "eh, I'm bored, time to drink." so I do. But I mean I don't think it's ****ing anything up, like yea I will drink alone, mostly because I drink after work and don't want to spend a lot of money at the bar. But I go to the bar once or twice a week usually. I dunno...I really don't know if it's a problem or that I just really like to drink.

That does indicate a problem, it may not really effect your life negatively now, but it does have a lot of potential to do so.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by metalderek
I have a drinking problem right now; that being the fact that I have no beer.

I love you right now.

but no, on a serious note TS, could you do with out the beer? I mean, are you totally dependant on the alcohol? Thats the way I was for a while, until I spent one day sober and realized all I could remeber doing for the past couple months was drinking with friends. I immediatley quite doing so for the most part.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Quote by metalderek

I have no Rum to drink, this is also a drinking problem.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
I mean, I'm sure I could go days without it, I just don't care to for the most part. I mean there are days I've done it, but it's been seldom as of late, I just like having some drinks.
Quote by metalderek

Quote by UndeadPaperclip
I have no Rum to drink, this is also a drinking problem.

haha, suckers. I'm enjoying a glass of vodka on the rocks right now. but i do have beer and rum. it's all yours if you can find me...

p.s. i'm in iowa somewhere, have fun in the corn
"Your just a monkey in a monkey suit, aww yeah!"-Piebald "Long Nights"
Quote by ColdNovembeRain
An empty beer is a drinking problem.

I guess I don't have a problem then.
Quote by MrOtter
haha, suckers. I'm enjoying a glass of vodka on the rocks right now. but i do have beer and rum. it's all yours if you can find me...

You bastard! I HATE CORN! But for rum... I shall bring my machete and slice my way to inebriation!

And it seems like the TS is trying to convince himself more than anything, and because of this I have to say the TS does, in fact, have a drinking problem (As shown by excessive denial)
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Quote by UndeadPaperclip
You bastard! I HATE CORN! But for rum... I shall bring my machete and slice my way to inebriation!

And it seems like the TS is trying to convince himself more than anything, and because of this I have to say the TS does, in fact, have a drinking problem (As shown by excessive denial)

I'm not really denying it, I'm actually not sure what to think. Part of me thinks I do, the other thinks I just like to drink and I have it under control. I dunno. We will find out I guess.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
That is an indicator of a drinking problem, but it's a lot more complicated, the main thing is that you feel compelled to drink and can't not drink, that's the main indicator.

You're misusing diagnostic criterion, in order to be considered an alcoholic you have to meet 4-5 of the indicators, not just one.

i never said otherwise, but yes, that is what i was getting at.
I believe you have a drinking problem.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Binge Drinking: 5 or more drinks one one sitting, 3 times or more in that past 2 weeks.

It's the definition, but I think its kind of dumb. By this, more than 50% of college students are binge drinkers (of course you could argue that this is a cause for concern and we need to address the environment in which it is socially acceptable to have what would be considered a drinking problem in normal society).

But I say once it starts to have negative consequences on other aspects of your life, like ditching a boyfriend/girlfriend to go get drunk, frequently missing class/work, peeing on a group of Asian girls, then it becomes something you should consider a problem.

Wow, I wrote a lot. The things you'll do to procrastinate I guess...
One Sexy Canadian Man.

...and single too.
peeing on Asian girls. haha.

See that's one thing that hasn't happened, it hasn't changed life outside of drinking. Like I don't not hang out with people because I wanna get drunk. Although there are some people who I rather not hang out with and just drink, but that's because they suck.

I think I used to have a huge problem, connected to my old job. I hated that place, I hated going there, I hated my boss, I hated life. So I started drinking until I passed out at home after work. Then I started drinking on the job. Then I got fired, and now I'm better. I don't drink to pass out anymore, I may drink to the point of where that may happen, but not on purpose, and usually that starts while at a bar.
If Johnny takes 5 shots, and Mary takes 6 shots, how many shots of vodka do they have left?

Assume amount of alcohol = A fifth

Assume shot = standard ounce
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
I don't take shots of straight liquor. Ack.

I don't measure shots when putting them in a drink, I just guess how much I want.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6_oHkk4ePc

This is a drinking problem...

But seriously, alcoholism is bad. If they think you have a problem, then you probably do. I suggest getting help.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by MrOtter

Mmm what kinda beer? I used to live in Iowa, so I might be able to find my way around.

EDIT: I'm listening to Mitch Hedberg videos and just remembered this one:
"Alcoholism is a disease, but it's the only one you can get yelled at for having. 'Damn it, Otto, you're an alcoholic.' 'Damn it, Otto, you have lupus.' One of those two doesn't sound right."
haha
Last edited by metalderek at Mar 25, 2009,
I drink 2-3 times a week alone.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Theres nothing better then a couple beers after a ****ty day of work...
Quote by DoTheEvolution
peeing on Asian girls. haha.

See that's one thing that hasn't happened, it hasn't changed life outside of drinking. Like I don't not hang out with people because I wanna get drunk. Although there are some people who I rather not hang out with and just drink, but that's because they suck.

I think I used to have a huge problem, connected to my old job. I hated that place, I hated going there, I hated my boss, I hated life. So I started drinking until I passed out at home after work. Then I started drinking on the job. Then I got fired, and now I'm better. I don't drink to pass out anymore, I may drink to the point of where that may happen, but not on purpose, and usually that starts while at a bar.

I cant believe you actually read that.

But that actually happened with a friend of mine, and he Does have a drinking problem.
He gets violent (Bastard punched me in the face).
Steals and breaks everything.
Went to a midterm drunk and passed out.
Dropped out of school because of it.
Spend all of what little money he has on alcohol.
Drinks to the point of being really drunk/throwing up/ passing out every time.
Basically cant control himself when he gets around alcohol.

Really, hes a good guy, but he becomes a chore when drunk.

If you identify with that, then maybe you do have a drinking problem, but if its more you go out with friends, have some drinks, maybe once in a while have a few too many then I think you're fine.

Awesome, more procrastination!
One Sexy Canadian Man.

...and single too.
Quote by Pendulum
Theres nothing better then a couple beers after a ****ty day of work...

I agree. When I wasn't laid off.

Now it's nothing is better than a couple of beers after a crappy day of looking for work in a state that has none.
Well I am stationed on Okinawa....when I get off work there isnt anything else to do but drink and smoke lots of cigerettes.....i beleive when someone has a drinking problem is dependency......i can go without but there just aint **** to do...
Ahaha, yea, there just isn't **** to do here.
But I can control myself with my booze, if I get drunk I'm still alright.

I only had one time where I passed out when I didn't plan on it. haha.
Well Ive partied pretty hard in my day and been on a couple black outs waking up the next morning how the **** did i get here?
Haha. I've done that once, but my logic was backwards.

I blacked out somewhere and woke up somewhere else, and I thought "Who am I?" Because I couldn't be who I was when I passed out because I'm somewhere different. So for about 3 seconds of my life I had no idea who I was.

Then I did have this other time at a party where I drank a **** load and passed out inside when I was supposed to camp outside, so someone woke me and walked me out to my tent, but I didn't come to until I was walking outside and that was weird as hell.