A few months back I purchased an Ibanez AW85ECE Electric/Acoustic guitar, and as a beginner player, I am loving it. Then a few weeks back I managed to get a Roland AC100T acoustic amp (sexual). I want to be able to play certain riffs and songs in general that just don't cut it on an acoustic guitar (AC/DC etc etc), so I am looking to buy an electric guitar.

My question is will running the electric guitar through the acoustic AMP harm it at all? And second is; is it possible to get some sorts of effects pedal that will essentially turn an acoustic sound into a more electric sound, thus avoiding having to get an electric?

Apologies for my rather limited understanding of how it all works, im still a beginner to it all, any help is appreciated. Cheers.
I don't believe it is a problem. I'm pretty sure if I remember right it was the acoustic <--> electric that was ok, just doesn't sound that great that was ok. It was just the Bass -> guitar amp that was a no-no.
Last edited by Chaos Nil at Mar 25, 2009,
Quote by Chaos Nil
I don't believe it is a problem. I'm pretty sure if I remember right it was the acoustic <--> electric that was ok, just doesn't sound that great that was ok. It was just the Bass -> guitar amp that was a no-no.

that took me several reads to figure out what the hell you just said
I'm FAT!
you wont hurt the amp. And you could just get a distortation pedal for the electric sound. But an acoustic wont hold out or scream notes like an electric.
it won't damage the amp, but you won't be able ot get anything remotely resembling a distorted (i.e. AC/DC and probably other stuff you are wanting the electric for) without a distortion pedal, you could just run your acoustic through a distortion pedal, but the results of that are unpredictable and it tends to cause massive feedback problems.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm