Page 1 of 2
So Pit, I'm giving blood for the first time at school tomorrow around 10 am, and you could say I'm a little nervous about it. Kinda have a needle fear. Any of you ever done this? I wonder what my blood type is...
Feels funny when they put the needle into me. I managed to beat my friend at a blood pumping race.
Just keep in mind what you're doing it for. A little fear/pain for me is worth it when I know it's going to save someone's life.
It's seriously not that bad. Just stop thinking about it. When you get there just go all crazy and say "DO IIIIITTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!" then put out a lit cigarette on your arm.
a friend of mine gave blood at my school

apparently when they were asking him the various health related questions beforehand he was asked by a woman with a very thick chinese accent if he'd ever "had gay sex with another man"
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Quote by Garret.

apparently when they were asking him the various health related questions beforehand he was asked by a woman with a very thick chinese accent if he'd ever "had gay sex with another man"

Would YOU want anal sex blood in you?
I fucking HATE needles.

I've always wanted to give blood, but can never get around that phobia.

Good on facing your fears though, someday I'll man up and do the same. Fuckin needles...
One Sexy Canadian Man.

...and single too.
Well, hopefully I'll get a magazine or my iPod or something....how long does it usually take for a pint?
Quote by Garret.

Gay sex? Oh yea, all the time. Wait, with a man? Are you ****ing kidding? You disgust me.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by TheClincher
Well, hopefully I'll get a magazine or my iPod or something....how long does it usually take for a pint?

The entire thing took about 10-20 mins max. The interviews took a while. very long time. I got out of class so I wasn't complaining
It doesn't take long at all: 15 minutes tops. If you happen to do something besides the standard unit, it'll be a bit longer, though. Pretty much every time I go, they want me to give a unit of just red blood cells, so it takes about half an hour to do it all.

If you're the drinking type, take the opportunity to get trashed tomorrow night. You'll be drunk reallllllly quickly.
Quote by JMack
Are you asking if midgets can draw people that are themselves smaller than the average person, or if midget drawings in general are smaller?
Quote by TheClincher
Interview? I was unaware of this :/

Just a few questions like if you've had a piercing or anal sex stuff like that.
Quote by LedBlack
Just a few questions like if you've had a piercing or anal sex stuff like that.

Haha, for real?

and I just realised all the creeper chicks who love Twilight are probably gonna cream about this for some reason or other. Haha.
Quote by TheClincher
Interview? I was unaware of this :/

Well, yeah, they have to make sure the blood they use isn't contaminated with AIDS or anything else that's not you know.... healthy..... for someone who needs blood in the first place.
Quote by JMack
Are you asking if midgets can draw people that are themselves smaller than the average person, or if midget drawings in general are smaller?
Quote by TheClincher
Haha, for real?

and I just realised all the creeper chicks who love Twilight are probably gonna cream about this for some reason or other. Haha.

Yeah, it's something like you can't give blood if you've had a piercing in the past 2 years or something cuz of the metal.
Quote by faint_spirit
Well, yeah, they have to make sure the blood they use isn't contaminated with AIDS or anything else that's not you know.... healthy..... for someone who needs blood in the first place.

They ask here whether you've "come into contact with menstrual blood."

I feckin hate OBI. They flagged me for some blood disease I've never heard of. False positive, on further testing, but I can't give again until I go in on my own time and get re-tested. Sorry Mr. House, we fucked up there, so come in some time and get tested. No, you can't just give a sample at a drive for retesting. That would be easy.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I've given blood before and I expect i'll do it again one day soon. At first I was secretly a little bit worried as I didn't really know the process. I doesn't really hurt probably less that a normal injection and the actual process is painless too. Giving blood is a really good thing to do you never know you could save someone's life. I would urge everyone to give blood when they can it's a really nice thing to do.

....and in the UK you get a sweet card.

Oh and I'm A-positive.
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
I love donating blood!

I think I love the needle more than the deed itself tho...is that bad? lol

They'll give you two choices.

1. Whole Blood
2. Power Red

Whole Blood - larger needle (which still isn't big anyway - dont freak out) and they take everything and you're done. Goes by fairly quickly.

Power Red - smaller needle and they take two units of only red blood cells. The other parts of your blood are filtered back into your arm. Because of that, it will take a little bit longer. It's cool tho, because if you're looking at the blood being filtered back into your arm, you can see when it moves and because you're aware of it, you kinda feel it going back inside. Feels pretty cool! (Wow....talk about a run-on sentence).

Anyway, don't be nervous. The needle is the worst part for some people, but you seriously don't feel it.

Be brave and save a life!
Quote by Deether

Anyway, don't be nervous. The needle is the worst part for some people, but you seriously don't feel it.

Be brave and save a life!

My girlfriend actually was turned away because she was so nervous that her blood pressure went unsafely high

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by flyingmarlin
I've given blood before and I expect i'll do it again one day soon. At first I was secretly a little bit worried as I didn't really know the process. I doesn't really hurt probably less that a normal injection and the actual process is painless too. Giving blood is a really good thing to do you never know you could save someone's life. I would urge everyone to give blood when they can it's a really nice thing to do.

....and in the UK you get a sweet card.

Oh and I'm A-positive.

You have a very disturbing avatar my friend... :p
So, I was sitting in the reclining lawn chair thing they have, talking to a friend while my blood was being taken. Everything was going well, and the lady looks at me and says 'good job, you're done.' So I said, "cool, I didn't even get dizzy or anything." Then she clamps the tube running from my arm to the bag and stops the blood flow. I looked at it and thought to myself, "What's the blood going to do that's not flowing towards the bag anymore?" While out loud I said "Woah, I'm getting dizz" And then my whole body went numb and I found myself in a dark tunnel with wind rushing around me, so I got scared and tried fighting it by swinging my fists. I then looked up and saw the RN looking at me and my friend complaining that I almost punched him while I was out, but he was glad I was ok. Turns out I blacked out and had some convulsions, and almost punched my friend while he was trying to hold me down. So they reclined me and put cold washcloths on my head and neck, and I got better. At least I finished before going out. :P

tl;dr - I blacked out and had a convulsion while giving blood today
It's not that bad, they just stick it in and the vial fills up. I have the ****tiest blood type possible, O- .
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
Quote by Garret.

lol they ask all kinds of weird stuff like that... its always the same though so it gets old...

have you had sex with any prostitutes or anybody you paid to have sex with since 1985?

have you had malaria more than twice?

between the years ---- and ---- did you visit any countries outside the US and Canada and have sex with a citizen there?
Clocks tick. Your days are numbered in low digits.
You look suspicious - suspect niggas is bitches,
Get chopped up, grade-A meat, somethin' delicious
Quote by SteveHouse
My girlfriend actually was turned away because she was so nervous that her blood pressure went unsafely high

Meh. Thats nothing. Ive been turned away 3 times because my blood pressure was too high.

Not out of nervousness, but age and excitement
Quote by TheClincher

tl;dr - I blacked out and had a convulsion while giving blood today

Awesome. You terrified all the other noobs.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

When I gave blood, it took 20 minutes tops
And during the 100 health question survey, say no to everything. It's usually questions like "Have you ever had anal sex with a gay man?" and "Have you ever had anal sex with a gay man in Africa?"
Quote by Sheer<3Attack
And during the 100 health question survey, say no to everything. It's usually questions like "Have you ever had anal sex with a gay man?" and "Have you ever had anal sex with a gay man in Africa?"

20 minutes?!?

is that total time spent there or time with the needle in you sucking your blood?

lol it usually takes me between 4 and 5 minutes to do the donation, but the red cross people here are slow so im usually stuck waiting for a couple hours
Clocks tick. Your days are numbered in low digits.
You look suspicious - suspect niggas is bitches,
Get chopped up, grade-A meat, somethin' delicious
I've donated at my school twice. Both times someone close to me started sweating and freaking out.

I was pretty quick both times. The blood takers were kinda surprised.
Quote by Sheer<3Attack

HAHAHA yeah, I remember those.

Have you had anal sex? even once?

Have you shared needles? even once?

It cracks me up how they add "even once" to the questions.
...Gaving blood
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
I had to keep flexing hand/arm to keep blood flowing through which just because uncomfortable after a while, primarily due to having a needle in my arm whilst flexing and because my fingertips started to get pins 'n' needles after a while.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
Hey TS, what school do u go to, I gave blood today at my school too
(Staten Island Tech)
It was my first time too, wasn't too bad except they put a ****ing pin on my LEFT middle finger so I can't play guitar now
Schecter Daimen FR Special
Guitar Rig 3
I have given blood (in the past, I'm on antibiotics now, so I can't currently) and it does not hurt, just feels funny. Yeah, there are some screening questions etc. Five mins is roughly the time it takes....
I've never given blood, but I'm plenty used to having it drawn. No one would want it anyways due to my various problems... Christ my body is ****ed up.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Page 1 of 2