I don't know anything about edge bridges..Since I don't care about price, what are the pros/cons of getting one or the other?
Last edited by Pacarazzi at Mar 25, 2009,
just know this...
no matter which bridge you get, they are both potential pains in the ass.
you just have to know what youre doing whenever you work with them.
i have an ibanez edge III bridge and in my opinion its really good!
a lot of people jump in the edge III bridge sucks bandwagon who have hardly even used it.
as long as you take care of them then youll be fine.
There are many different types of Edge's. The Original Edge and Lo Pro Edge are better than the OFR, IMO. The Edge Zero and Edge Pro are about even with an OFR. An Edge 3 and Edge Pro II aren't as good as an OFR.
i had an ibanez rg350 with a edge 3 and that is why i sold it! the edge 3 is Ibanez's entry level floating bridge. so if you want a good trem< it might cost you a few extra bucks, the old saying is very true.......YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And the Edge Zero is made in China. my advise is go to the ibanez forums and jemsite forum and educate yoursef
you should get the original edge or the OFR or the low-pro if you want the bridge to be a bit smaller on the back end. they are all around the same price i think the low pro is the cheaper of the 3.
Don't forget about Gotoh's Floyd. Good stuff.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by DSOTM80
Don't forget about Gotoh's Floyd. Good stuff.

Indeed.I find that the Ghoto FR can pull off subtle things like flutters and so on a lot easier than other double locking FR style trems.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

OFR or Gotoh are the best in my opinion, but the Edge III isn't as bad as people say.... The worst trem that Ibanez came up with was the TRS, I had one of those on my JS100, lets just say the posts didn't last very long with all my whammy......
Quote by AussiePGFan
OFR or Gotoh are the best in my opinion, but the Edge III isn't as bad as people say.... The worst trem that Ibanez came up with was the TRS, I had one of those on my JS100, lets just say the posts didn't last very long with all my whammy......

And that's the main complaint with the edge III as well.While it works,it's a pretty decent trem IMO,but the soft metal and shoddy quality kinda ruin the whole thing.An original edge can last for decades,but an edge III is lucky to go longer than a year when used regularly.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I've never tried the Edges but my FR was surprisingly easy to set up after I watched a vid or two on youtube.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...