Hey guys,

I just uploaded two new songs onto my profile. The first (Red Eyes in the Void) is my entry for the EG-forum Guitar Wars battle, it's what has got me through the first round. It's only 3,5 minutes, and there's a lot of **** going on in in those 3,5 minutes, but the whole point of the battle was to make it around 3 minutes and interesting.

The second (Rendevouz with Death) is a 10 (!) minute song I've been working on for a while. Just to a heads up, it's not 10 minutes of the repeated riff, there's actually quite a lot of diversity and intriciate melody in there. Please, do listen to it through to the end, as the middle has surprised quite a few people who have heard it already. The problem with this is that some melodies/riffs are out of balance still, but it has such a lot of stuff going on in the track, in terms of . wav files and tracks, it's so hard on my pc that I can't basically change anything quick; Just fattening up one melody takes about 20 minutes to get right. Not an excuse, just a reason it isn't balanced better yet.

Note, these two songs are not mastered to have the same master volume yet, they will when they eventually get onto the same CD.

Ofcourse, listen/comment mine, and I'll go through yours as well. Tips and negative critique are appreciated alike, so don't hold back!

Last edited by Y00p at Mar 25, 2009,
Absolutely outstanding, I only listened to Red Eyes that main theme is killer, big powerful and the variations of it grow in a good way. Beautiful melody in the second verse, and the leads are brilliantly composed, (if people here this) this is what composition is all about great job mate
Quote by Martindecorum
Absolutely outstanding, I only listened to Red Eyes that main theme is killer, big powerful and the variations of it grow in a good way. Beautiful melody in the second verse, and the leads are brilliantly composed, (if people here this) this is what composition is all about great job mate

Wow, thanks mate. I wasn't expecting that positive of a comment, for sure. Much appreciated!
Wow, I'm impressed.
Red Eyes in the Void, I must admit, I didn't like. Just not my style im afraid, but Rendevouz with Death is one of the most epic songs I've ever heard.
If I ever write a song like that, I'll be pleased for weeks.

Well done mate
Above post may or may not be true.