hello GG&A
So my dad and I are wanting to get a multi fx pedal for headphone practising, and I'm trying to get him to get the Line 6 POD 2.0 (were paying half each). Is there anything better out there for the price that would suit both our "needs"? I play Metal (nothing heaver than Trivium, BFMV etc) Metallica, Megadeth, Machine Head, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Satriani etc, and he plays alot of Guthrie Govan, Jan Akkerman, Shawn Lane, stuff along those lines. Would this be cool for both of us?

Thanks In Advance
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
a POD XT or X3 live. A Pod 2.0 isn't a pedal.
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
The Line 6 POD is very... shall I say open. Whatever music you play, I'm sure you can get that sound. In fact, that's the only Line 6 product I (based on the ones I've used) have bought personally because I like it so much.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Quote by stevenpollock
a POD XT or X3 live. A Pod 2.0 isn't a pedal.

Can't they be used with an amp?
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Yes, they can. And the POD X3 and XT are better, in my opinion (me having the X3). They don't function as pedals (unless you get the live variation of them, which is an extra like 100$), they're more like one big preset/effects thingie, where you run your guitar through it and you can change the tone/effects etc. No pedal.
i own the x3 and as long as the 2.0 is the same it should pull off those styles with ease, as long as your willing to sit down for longer than 30 seconds tweaking it
Gear

Ibanez RG1451 (Bareknuckle Aftermath bridge, Cold Sweat neck)
Jackson DK2T(Bareknuckle Miracle Man bridge,SD Jazz neck)
Ibanez RG321mh(SD JB bridge)
Epiphone SG-400,
Ibanez RG370DX,
Vintage V6

Pod X3 into KRK RP8 G2's
Quote by splamron
Can't they be used with an amp?

yes, but i wouldn't advise running it through your cube as modelling and modelling will just fight each other and sound bad, you'd need something that wont colour the tone of the pod, but for with headphones, it should sound great!
Gear

Ibanez RG1451 (Bareknuckle Aftermath bridge, Cold Sweat neck)
Jackson DK2T(Bareknuckle Miracle Man bridge,SD Jazz neck)
Ibanez RG321mh(SD JB bridge)
Epiphone SG-400,
Ibanez RG370DX,
Vintage V6

Pod X3 into KRK RP8 G2's
I love my POD xt Live. It emulates my tube amps very well, great for my home studio, doesn't bother the wife and kids, and if I want to try different combo's of effects I don't have to buy it first. Plus, it makes it great for jammin' in places my amps are too much.
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
I use the POD 2.0 for my practice rig, and through my stuido monitors the amp models really do sound impressive. I don't gig with mine, just because I already have a nice giging rig and I like the "tube feel". The 2.0 sounds just as good as the "higher end" PODs it just has less models and features. With a little tweeking I can get so many really good tones, Im using mine for light recording and have been very impressed with the results.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6