Ok peoples ,

I've made up my mind and have two 7 string guitars on my mind currently.

The Ibanez 7321 and the Schecter Demon 7 [ diamond series https://www.billyhydemusic.com.au/shop/index.cfm?action=view&id=3199]

The Ibanez is about $800 Australian and Schecter about $650 Australian.Is it worth it paying the extra $150 to get the Ibanez? Or is the schecter any good compared to the Ibanez?

So Pro's and Con's of the Ibanez and Schecter peoples?

Cheers,
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
They are both pretty much equal quality and spec' wise really. The only real limiting factor here is the neck shape. I would go with the Schecter since Ibanez necks make my hands cramp up (just a bit to thin for me), but you may find the Ibanez neck nice and comfy. So go and try both an Ibanez and a Schecter to see which is more comfortable for you.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by mogar
They are both pretty much equal quality and spec' wise really. The only real limiting factor here is the neck shape. I would go with the Schecter since Ibanez necks make my hands cramp up (just a bit to thin for me), but you may find the Ibanez neck nice and comfy. So go and try both an Ibanez and a Schecter to see which is more comfortable for you.

+1

Im in the same position as you TS, Ive played both and the Ibanez hurts my hand becaus the neck too thin for me but the Schecter feels amazing to play because its slightly thicker.
The best thing to do is to go out and play both guitars if its possible so you can see/feel for your self whats best for you
My Gear:
-Guitars:
Schecter 30th Anniversary PT
Schecter V-7 Hellraiser
Schecter Demon 7 FR
Vintage VRS100
Amps:
Randall RG75 G3 Plus
It depends, Schecter are bulky necks and they Diamond series guitars are generally very poor quality. Ibanez have thin necks and are very good quality. Maybe look at a ESP LTD VP407 if you like the Viper/SG shape.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Another Ibanez vs Schecter thread...

Well,seeing as how this will most likely become a bunch of differing opinions and flaming coming from fanboys of both brands,you should really try out both models for yourself and make your choice solely on what you think and not what UG says.Most people will bandwagon or bash something for little or no reason on here and don't actually give facts,so everything should be taken with a grain of salt.

I'll just list out some of my brief thoughts on them,and try to remain unbiased and nuetral.

NECK:

The schecter has a fatter and rounder neck than the Ibanez,and I believe the string spacing is narrower.The Ibanez is flat and pretty thin,with a "all access" neck joint,where as I'm fairly certain the Schecter has a four bolt style joint.The have the same neck and board woods,so not much to say there.

HARDWARE:

Tonepros on the Schecter and a 7 string flat-mount bridge on the Ibanez.Both good bridges,it just comes down to what you prefer.I play trems mainly,so a flat mount is more comfortable for me than a tonepros style stoptail.The tuners are about the same quality,so I don't have much to say about them.Same goes for the pots and others "guts".Now,the pups are different,but both average IMO.The IBZ pups are decent,but lack definition and attack IMO.The passive EMG pups are pretty meh IMO,I just didn't like the overall tone of them.You'll most likely want to upgrade the pups at a later time.

CONSTRUCTION QUALITY:

About the same.Both are made in korea and are lower mid-range guitars,so they should never be ordered "sight unseen" and should be hand selected to avoid getting a lemon.The differences in body wood come down to a personal preference thing,so I have nothing to say there really.

VALUE:

Tough choice here.If the Ibanez has the features you want and feels and plays better than the Schecter to you then you'd probably want to shell out the extra cash.If on the other hand it doesn't offer any drastic improvement over its competitor, you'd be better off getting the schecter and using the extra cash to upgrade the pups IMO.

Well,those are my thoughts on them,I hope it helps and good luck shopping.

Edit: The Ibanez might be made in Indonesia,but at that price point it honestly doesn't change anything.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Last edited by Pr0gNut at Mar 25, 2009,
The LTD Viper 407 is about $1400 here in Australia :/ I'm going to the local music shop on the weekend , ill probs try the Ibanez first..

Digidesign Eleven Rack

Call me Eddy
Quote by random_B-RAD
Diamond series guitars are generally very poor quality.

all the cheap Diamond Series guitars ive played (including the Demon7) have very good quality for the price.
in the end its down to peoples preference, so try the guitars your self. You might even find out that 7 strinngs dont feel good for you, not everyone can handel the extra string.
If its the price your also worried about then just go for the cheaper option
My Gear:
-Guitars:
Schecter 30th Anniversary PT
Schecter V-7 Hellraiser
Schecter Demon 7 FR
Vintage VRS100
Amps:
Randall RG75 G3 Plus
It depends, Schecter are bulky necks and they Diamond series guitars are generally very poor quality. Ibanez have thin necks and are very good quality. Maybe look at a ESP LTD VP407 if you like the Viper/SG shape.
VOX V847 Wah
Squier SE-100 Strat
Squier SP-10 Amp

Irony FTW

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

xD

Digidesign Eleven Rack

Call me Eddy
I tried both, the neck on the schecter is more round compared to the thin wizard neck on the ibanez. I prefer the Ibanez of the two, but the schecter is good aswell. Matter of preference imo try both.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Quote by Pr0gNut
Irony FTW

I was talking from experience dumbass.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by random_B-RAD
I was talking from experience dumbass.

No need to get cranky little boy.Maybe if you have problems with the guitar you should illustrate your point in a more intelligent manner and not put it in your sig with that cliche and stupid looking metal bat emote next to it .

What about the pickups on the Schecter? I think they're active ones compared to the Ibanez...

Digidesign Eleven Rack

Call me Eddy
Yeah but active isn't always better. I played that same Schecter yesterday in Guitar Center and I hated it compared to my RG7321 (which is for sale, if you happen to live anywhere near Charlotte)
With the Schecter, the neck is like a baseball bat, EMG pickups, the coil-taps don't do a whole lot, and overall it just sounds and feels too sterile. Ibanez at least gives you some room to move around with customizations and all that, even though the stock setup is really just fine for anything.
OOo a RG7321 owner : D
I was playing on my friends epiphone explorer and found playing on his guitar bridge was ALOT easier then playing on a floating tremello bridge [ on my squier ] . Whats the bridge like to play on the RG7321? And its a bolt on right?

Digidesign Eleven Rack

Call me Eddy
It's a good bolt-on, not like the Gio necks A lot of Ibby bolt-ons are rather good for their price. The bridge is very good. Fixed, string-thru bridge same as most fixed RG's. Very solid, low action, very low maintenance. Hell, it took two years before I had to do any bridge work on it. Very stable and solid. Slightly bassy, but it is a seven-string, so no surprise there.