Hi,

I suspect I'm searching for the wrong thing on the internet as someone must make the box I'm after. Basically, I play lots of electric/acoustic/electroacoustic things live. I was after a simple switch box that could take lots of XLR's in and one out with a simple switch on the front. No need for pre-amps faders etc.

So.........

BACKPANEL
2-4 XLR inputs
1 XLR output

FRONT PANEL
A selector switch.

Does anyone know of someone who makes one? I can find loads that have RCA or quarter inch jacks but none that are XLR based.

Many thanks
Thanks for replies so far. I'll look at the small mixers. It's the type of thing I'd have thought someone like Canford Audio may have produced but seraching the internet for this type of thing is like looking for a contact lens in a swimming pool.
Quote by titsmcgee852

XLR?

XLR is the 3 pin connector that microphones generally use.

@TS - What kind of application are you using it for?
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
if you're jst using one input at a time you could just do a passive a/b box, with however many inputs you need.

super easy to build.

if you're using more than one input at a time, you'll probably need an active buffer of some sort.
Hi, it's for live use and I have the following instruments going through it (but only playing one instrument at a time so really using it as an instrument selector and possibly a blender on the banjo - although a switch would clearly have no blending ability).

BANJO - Audio Technica ATM 350 clip on (XLR out) and the Goldtone pickup (May blend or just use mic).
BOUZOUKI - ATM 350 (XLR Out) and (soon) an internal pick up or mic (Prob XLR out).
ELECTRO ACOUSTIC - XLR out.
HOMEMADE GUITAR - 1/4 inch jack
Free standing Instrument mic - XLR Out - I use this for back up and poss other things like Mando and uke.

I'm not likely to use all on one night but I reckon 4 inputs and one output would be best. I think I'm coming round to the idea of a mini mixer like the PV6 mentioned above. It looks quite flexible.
Quote by chihuahuas
Hi, it's for live use and I have the following instruments going through it (but only playing one instrument at a time so really using it as an instrument selector and possibly a blender on the banjo - although a switch would clearly have no blending ability).

BANJO - Audio Technica ATM 350 clip on (XLR out) and the Goldtone pickup (May blend or just use mic).
BOUZOUKI - ATM 350 (XLR Out) and (soon) an internal pick up or mic (Prob XLR out).
ELECTRO ACOUSTIC - XLR out.
HOMEMADE GUITAR - 1/4 inch jack
Free standing Instrument mic - XLR Out - I use this for back up and poss other things like Mando and uke.

I'm not likely to use all on one night but I reckon 4 inputs and one output would be best. I think I'm coming round to the idea of a mini mixer like the PV6 mentioned above. It looks quite flexible.

Deffo need a mixer then mate...

SH
Yeah. You should probably just get a small mixer with like a mute function or something. It should be good enough for your purposes since it's only one instrument being used at a time. Also... you have an XLR out on your acoustic? That's quite uncommon, although I have seen it once or twice before. The ones I have seen always have dual outputs though. One for 1/4" jack and one XLR, but each one had different sources from within the guitar. The XLR was for a mic and the 1/4" was for the piezo.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.