I'm looking for an Ibanez/ESP/Fender(I know it's unlikely) guitar in the price range of dollar 200 to 300(Rs. 10000 to Rs. 15000). However, I don't know that much about what is good(or not). Hence-help needed.

What I am looking for----
Should sound good with effects pedals/MFX units
Nice cleans
Preferably 24 frets(but can survive with 22)
Floyd Rose(Can tolerate variants)
Preferably jumbo/extra jumbo frets(but can survive without)

Been playing an electric acoustic for 2 years. Want to play Death, Melodic Death, Power, Thrash, NWOBHM, Progressive, some rock like Joe Sat(When i become that good).

Oh, and I won't be changing guitars for at least 5 to 10 years. At least till I get a job.

Any suggestions?
You're not going to find a guitar that will last you that long with a floyd in that price range. Low end floyds tend to go bad really quickly. So may I suggest a hardtail of some sort? Maybe an Ibanez RG321 or a Schecter Damien 6?
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
At price you wont find anything with a decent floyd IMO.The only thing I can think of that has a decent trem for a relatively low price is the Epiphone prophecy EM-2 FX model,which comes with an asian made original floyd for $400.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by gucio93
You're not going to find a guitar that will last you that long with a floyd in that price range. Low end floyds tend to go bad really quickly. So may I suggest a hardtail of some sort? Maybe an Ibanez RG321 or a Schecter Damien 6?

What's a hardtail? And what do you mean by go bad?
Quote by Pr0gNut
At price you wont find anything with a decent floyd IMO.The only thing I can think of that has a decent trem for a relatively low price is the Epiphone prophecy EM-2 FX model,which comes with an asian made original floyd for $400.

How about an aftermarket flyd?
Quote by GS LEAD 5
What's a hardtail? And what do you mean by go bad?

A hardtail is a bridge that isn't a trem.By go bad he means the studs and metal will wear out and the bridge wont work well at all,or a saddle could break or something like that.Cheap FR style trems generally perform poorly and break/wear out easily,and should be avoided.Also,if you aren't famiilar with FR trems then you shouldn't get one as they can be a huge pain in the ass when switching tunings and during string changes for a beginner.

Edit: The aftermarket is an ok idea if the guitar is actually worth the upgrade and the bridge dimensions match.The thing is,throw a $200 dollar trem on a $200 dollar guitar is kind of pointless since the guitar itself is low quality.You'd be better off saving up longer and getting something better with that money instead of buying an aftermarket trem IMO.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Last edited by Pr0gNut at Mar 25, 2009,
low end Ibanez RG's are what you should be looking at

have a look at the ibanez GRG270DX, that has a floyd rose inspired trem (not sure of exact name) 24 frets, HSH pickups, locking nut, and other stuff you may be interested in. i'd say it would be worth a look.

but you got your hopes far too high for your specs.
Quote by Pr0gNut
A hardtail is a bridge that isn't a trem.By go bad he means the studs and metal will wear out and the bridge wont work well at all,or a saddle could break or something like that.Cheap FR style trems generally perform poorly and break/wear out easily,and should be avoided.Also,if you aren't famiilar with FR trems then you shouldn't get one as they can be a huge pain in the ass when switching tunings and during string changes for a beginner.

Got a teacher. I usually get him to do all that.
Quote by Dempsey68
low end Ibanez RG's are what you should be looking at

have a look at the ibanez GRG270DX, that has a floyd rose inspired trem (not sure of exact name) 24 frets, HSH pickups, locking nut, and other stuff you may be interested in. i'd say it would be worth a look.

but you got your hopes far too high for your specs.

Too high in what way? surely it will last 3-5 years at least? Wont be using it heavily- max 5-10 hours a week.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Got a teacher. I usually get him to do all that.

Yeah,and what if a string breaks or your bridge slips when he's not around? Exactly.

Also,that doesn't change the fact that cheap FR style trems are generally garbage and don't last long at all under regular use.

Quote by Pr0gNut
Yeah,and what if a string breaks or your bridge slips when he's not around? Exactly.

Also,that doesn't change the fact that cheap FR style trems are generally garbage and don't last long at all under regular use.

Afyer market?

EDIT: What if I buy a custom made model from a no name brand? Theres a good one near my area.
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Mar 25, 2009,
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Afyer market?

I already explained my thoughts on that in a previous post.Check the edit.

Quote by GS LEAD 5
In that post you never mentioned anything about trems.

I clearly did,read my posts slowly and thoroughly and you should be able to find it.

The long story short here is that we're telling you that you wont find anything with your specs and at the price you mentioned that'd be good.Most starter level guitars are poor quality,and the old saying of "you get what you pay for" is true.You'd be better off saving up more money and going for something in the $400-$500 dollar range or looking on the used market IMO.

Quote by GS LEAD 5
thanks anyway. BTW hows the esp mh50/53?

IMO the only LTD models worth buying are the 400 series and up.All the lower series I've played felt and sounded poor and had quality control issues.

Quote by Pr0gNut
IMO the only LTD models worth buying are the 400 series and up.All the lower series I've played felt and sounded poor and had quality control issues.

Seriously? But the site gave it a 9.....but then again, the Zoom G2 got a nine too
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Seriously? But the site gave it a 9.....but then again, the Zoom G2 got a nine too

Site reviews should be mostly ignored,especially for cheap/starter level gear.Any beginner is going to give whatever gear they have rave reviews because well.....they don't know any better.On the flip side, you often have more experienced guitarists and musicians giving good reviews simply for the fact that they don't want to admit to themselves and others that they purchased something bad.Don't buy something based on the opinions of some random person you've never actually communicated with,the best thing to do here is try out a bunch of guitars in your price range and pick the one you like the best and that has the highest quality.

Quote by Pr0gNut
Site reviews should be mostly ignored,especially for cheap/starter level gear.Any beginner is going to give whatever gear they have rave reviews because well.....they don't know any better.On the flip side, you often have more experienced guitarists and musicians giving good reviews simply for the fact that they don't want to admit to themselves and others that they purchased something bad.Don't buy something based on the opinions of some random person you've never actually communicated with,the best thing to do here is try out a bunch of guitars in your price range and pick the one you like the best and that has the highest quality.

Explains it....thanks