Im sure the solution for the following question ends in "I have to buy something more expensive" but seeing as im broke ill try anyways.

I have a Shockmounted MXL 4000 Multi-Pattern FET Condenser, which came with an extra pencil mic, a Line 6 GearBox, the one that only has one guitar input, and a Staner BUX 14 Mixer. I plug the mixer into the Tone Port using a chord that is on one end a mic plug, and on the other end is a traditional instrument plug in. Im using Adobe Audition to record. Ive got the crackles. (Click here to listen to my problem). I cannot get the mic to stop doing that for crap. When recording over audio, ive tried turning down the mix on the audio, and even on the mixer to almost dead silence just so i could record, i even tried using the Pencil mic. The question is obvious: How do i fix this? And if there is no way to fix this with the equipment i have, whats my cheapest way out? I just had to max out a credit card to pay a cellphone bill so i don't really have the money to replace the Tone Port, as much as i would like to.
It could be your sample rate on your computer if your getting crackles. Or you might be using the wrong drivers. Those are two problems I had when I was getting used to recording with a computer. Eventually I installed the correct drivers and tweaked the sample rate and now I dont get crackles anymore.
It sounds like the noise only occurs when you sing the loudest. But it doesn't sound like simple clippings. I would plug the audio from the mixer directly into the computers line in and see if that fixes the problem. It may be the Toneport that is having the problem.
Quote by Dookie92
It could be your sample rate on your computer if your getting crackles. Or you might be using the wrong drivers. Those are two problems I had when I was getting used to recording with a computer. Eventually I installed the correct drivers and tweaked the sample rate and now I dont get crackles anymore.

Drivers wise im not sure theres much i can do, but how would i go about correcting the sample rate? Is this a computer issue, or a software issue (again im using Adobe Audition)

Quote by fly135
It sounds like the noise only occurs when you sing the loudest. But it doesn't sound like simple clippings. I would plug the audio from the mixer directly into the computers line in and see if that fixes the problem. It may be the Toneport that is having the problem.

This was a recording i did with just the mic. In actuality when i tried recording over an audio track, the slightest of any noise would set it off. Anyways, these both sound like logical explanations, ill give them a try and post my result, though im still open to suggestions or solutions