Alright guys..... I need a little technical advice.....

I'm currently running a Hughes & Kettner TriAmp 100W head through a Mesa Rectifier 2x12 cab.
The Mesa cab is a rock machine, thats what it's for. Punchy, thick bottom end and sounds great with distorted sounds. However i don't think it does the TriAmp justice when it comes to crisp cleans.

So.... I'm thinking of buying an open back 2x12 cab (haven't decided which yet) to run along side the Mesa to be used just for clean and crunch sounds.

This will mean that i'm going to need some sort of switcher box to sit between the amp and the 2 cabs to enable me to engage one or the other.
Does such a thing exist?? I know there are switcher boxes to switch between amps but not cabs.

Any advice would be most appreciated!

Thanks guys.

Paul.
Current Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Custom ('77)
Fender USA Telecaster Deluxe

Amp :

Hughes & Kettner TriAmp Head
Mesa Rectifier 2x12 Cab
Yup, you're sure can. Just google guitar a b switch and you'll get a lot of options.

Also, keep in mind that a lot of the newer guitar effects pedals have an A B switch option to go from one cabinet to another. This might keep your costs down.
Last edited by Whiskey Tango at Mar 25, 2009,
I know that the Tonebone Headbone allows you to run two heads into one cab (switching between them) or one head into two cabs (switching, once again). You'd need to do some tap dancing though, or place the pedal next to your footswitch in a manner so that you can step on two buttons at once for the switching.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Thats awesome thanks for that fellas. Not particularly technically minded when it comes to that stuff!
In a live band situation it might not be practical, as you say Shinozoku.... a lot of tap dancing involved!!
Current Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Custom ('77)
Fender USA Telecaster Deluxe

Amp :

Hughes & Kettner TriAmp Head
Mesa Rectifier 2x12 Cab
http://www.musiciansnews.com/guitars/55/radial_tonebone_cabbone_speaker_cabinet_switc.shtml

a regular AB isnt the way to go when trying safely switch speakers.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011