Hey guys, sorry if this is in the wrong thread, although I'm pretty sure I'm in the right place.

I'm planning on getting a PA in my room, which is going to be placed on the floor so i can sing into a mic and monitor myself instead of just singin un-mic'ed.

I'm looking at buying this:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/tamp_pa_4080.htm

What I'd like to know is would it be safe to put them on top of a guitar amp if I wanted to, would it mess with the magnets in the speakers or anything? Apologies for my lack of knowledge

Also, would 80 watts be loud enough for bedroom use? I play a Line 6 Spider 2 120 watt (unfortunately) and it never really goes over a quarter volume.

If anyone has had any experience with this PA system, or any Thomann one for that matter help would be appreciated.

Cheers, James
80 watts in my bedroom would be more than enough. idk how big yours is though. mines only 9x11 ft
Gear:
Peavey Millennium 4 BXP
Peavey TNT 115
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Blackstar Ht-1R
I'm not using this to jam, just to play to myself and monitor my vocals, so I wouldn't really be cranking it at all.
It'll work. My only advice would be to consider if you'd want to spend a little more and get a two channel PA. That way you can use it with and iPod (or whatever you have) for a stereo, and if you pick up a multiFX pedal you will get stereo FX.
I just use a stereo system, its a 300w Kenwood with jbl speakers running from my usb interface with a mic on my amp as well. Works perfect for backing tracks and recording monitors and also run my tv into it. Its not really that loud for 300w, just like a normal good entertainment system amp. I have it in my living room where I also jam.
Would it sound like **** being on the floor where my amp is, or would I still be able to hear the vocals clearly? The mic will probably be less than a foot in front of them, so itl kinda be like monitors which arent slanted towards my face (45 degree angle)
I like to pole-mount the PA speakers as to keep them at eye level. That way I can hear it a lot better.

You can lean the speakers against the wall to get the angle you need to hear it better. Don't know about you, but if I have my mic that close it usually start squealing .. granted I have the PA cranked so that might be the problem.
Quote by fly135
It'll work. My only advice would be to consider if you'd want to spend a little more and get a two channel PA. That way you can use it with and iPod (or whatever you have) for a stereo, and if you pick up a multiFX pedal you will get stereo FX.

This has 4 channels...

Also, a cheaper alternative would be to wear some earplugs. If your just practicing yourself, and have no need for others to hear you louder, then this is the best way forward. try it and see before you say no, since it will only cost you a couple of dollars/pounds tog et some earplugs.
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
4 channels in, 1 channel out. I'm saying he may want to consider having 2 channels (stereo) out.