So I found two amps on craigslist and I can't decide which to get. One is a peavey bandit 112 with a new eminence speaker in it, the other is a 125 watt crate 212. The bandit is going for 175, while the crate for 150. I need a versatile amp with potential to play out. Thoughts?
I've never had a good experience with Crate amps so I would go with the Peavey just based on that.
How long have you been playing?
What do you plan on using the amp for?
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
I've been playing for about three years, I play all kinds of music, blues, rock, jazz, folk. I'm sure both amps are more than loud enough.
i played a bandit and thought it was a good ss for the price
Gear

Ibanez RG1451 (Bareknuckle Aftermath bridge, Cold Sweat neck)
Jackson DK2T(Bareknuckle Miracle Man bridge,SD Jazz neck)
Ibanez RG321mh(SD JB bridge)
Epiphone SG-400,
Ibanez RG370DX,
Vintage V6

Pod X3 into KRK RP8 G2's
Well... the only thing I have to say is that if you've been playing that long it might be a good idea to look for a small tube amp. The tone is going to be a huge improvement especially if you play blues and jazz. And even a 15w tube is loud enough to play most smaller venues.

I'll give you my two cents and say to try either of them out. Out of the Crates I've played, they usually have decent cleans, but the distortion is horrible imo.

I can't vouch for the Peavey, however.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.