ebay user Burl.Quilt, Dave from Medicine Bow Woods.

He is very difficult to deal with, does not respond promptly to questions (I asked 3 times for measurements on a book matched top set) and his customer service is absolute A$$. I asked him for a better picture of a piece of wood and he said it wasn't "cost effective" to send me a PICTURE.

Then he sent me pictures of a spalted top and a quilted top that I was interested in, again, I asked for dimensions THREE TIMES. After he responded, I was going to purchase these tops only to find out he sold them already.

This guy is an idiot. His grammar and spelling are 3rd grade level and so is his customer service. I dealt with him in the past and was happy with his service and product - now that I've dealt with him more, I will never use him again.
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
I hate those guys. There's someone on eBay (Tonewoodsupply) who should be shipping me a Macassar Ebony fretboard. I bought it the tenth, and it still hasn't come. It's a beautiful piece of wood, and I'd hate to cancel the transaction, but I may have to.
superman is killing himself tonight
it's really tough to find good suppliers online for tonewoods and supplies... i know myself it's hard for me to sell pieces because I have to do prior processing (resawing, planing, etc) and i just dont have time but at least i give fair warning

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
I unloaded on this guy today because he was being a d!ck. I told him that if i ever wanted to go out of business i'd use him as my role model .

He's a real douchebag. I wanted that spalt top he KNEW i wanted the spalt top yet he hosed me and sold it out from under me. Glad I didnt give him my CC# he would have used it to buy a female sex toy to use in his not-so-female parts

jim, id give you wood any day

You gotta laugh at people that have buyers and then dont try their hardest money off of people, how retarded do you have to be!

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
dont deal with guitarpartsdepot.com either, the guy was an as*. i was missing parts, twice. and they didn't even know if they could have the parts i didn't have even though i should. and the fu*kface still charged me to return it. fu**ing asshat.
Quote by nuthinbuttrubl8
His grammar and spelling are 3rd grade level

So are mine

When I was in the States I found the best person to deal with for just about any type of wood was Grant Goltz and Mario from www.luthierforum.com
Not taking any online orders.
Just out of curiosity, got any walnut for sale?
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
all the walnut around my area is awful... cracked rotted and stained to crap... i think it's a cool day in hell that i'll find a decent piece and if i do, it's usually too small for a lam top anyway

Cord, that's ok... we still luv ya your service, support and helpful advice go far beyond spelling and grammar LoL

I've had issues with Pat from guitarjones.com... i've waited 2 months or better for things that I needed ASAP with no reply emails or any information until i'd call him and ream him one... his pickup parts are decent and the prices are cheap, though and he's the only guy i know that has 7 string bobbins, baseplates and spacers so like a beaten wife, I keep going back. he's an alright guy, too... at least he's friendly.

the places I deal with are all very nice. Dennis from GPUSA is a real nice guy... i don't get much from him because I usually need higher quality stuff but he's always been great to deal with and his inlay is pretty kick a$$ (the little he has, anyway)

Quote by bv310
Just out of curiosity, got any walnut for sale?
Burl.Quilt on e-bay has some walnut for sale.

<_<

>_>

<_<
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Thanks SYK

smarta$$

I've had great experiences with Burl.Quilt on eBay.

I have no idea what Phil is talking about.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
I had good experiences with him too until this morning when I was trying to pay for 2 top sets that i wanted only to find out the bastard sold them out from under me and the other day when I asked for a better picture of one of the billets he had for sale he told me it wasn't "cost evvective" which i'm sure he meant effective. I've bent over backwards for my customers to make a dollar on a sale and he won't take one lousy picture?! That's not the way to run a business. The bottom line isn't the almighty dollar, the bottom line is repeat customer satisfaction - which has the potential to turn into 10 almighty dollars... catch my drift?

thanks, phil, ill avoid him.

and yes, all jersey walnut sucks
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
I was actually just joking Phil. I haven't had any experience with the guy, but I appreciate the heads up as I move into guitar building.
Gear

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

Epiphone Valve Jr.
jared, you are so right. ATVs are illegal, you can't put in a hot water heater without a permit, you cant dig a hole, install a fence... i'm surprised you can mow the damn lawn without one.

the good thing is that smoking is illegal in all public places yippie!!! can't buy beer at 711, though... only liquor stores ... oh and they're really strict about firearms. luckily I live in a decent area... 15 miles in any direction it tends to get a little "interesting" - which is ironic considering 10 miles in any direction has all "mc mansion" type houses and golden spoon fed douchebags

Hooray for illegal public smoking. **** pissed me off.
Gear

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

Epiphone Valve Jr.
so phil, any walnut?

yea probably. i know you get the indian rosewood blanks cheaper than i do but i get madagascar ebony pretty f-in cheap (all things considered, anyway). I think sapele is 5.25-5.75 per b/f no matter where you go in the country hehe

If you guys could get me a nice 3/4" lacewood top, preferable book matched, about 350x600cm, that would be awesome.
But I don't think you could.
that's a toughie... i'll look around

Thanks much. And it doesn't have to be bookmatched, but I think it looks better.
yea... lacewood is hit or miss. i like the way it looks but sometimes you get those pieces that the grain looks like it had a stroke and it gets all droopy on one spot... i hate that.