I'm am going to take one for Spanish next week. I downloaded the study guide from Collegeboard.com and the sample test was extremely easy. I'm worried that it's too good to be true and that the actual test will be alot harder. Anyone have any experience with this?
Nope. I got tested for Clap once though.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I've not done CLEP, but I took several AP exams. Close...?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Jackal58
Nope. I got tested for Clap once though.

Amen.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
Quote by metaldud536
Never heard of this CLEP...

You take the test and get credits for whatever subject you picked. You can get up to 12 college credits. You should do it.
Quote by Masamune
for Spanish?

Nope. I hate Spanish, actually. Can't stand it. I think the CLEPs are supposed to be like a less intense version of AP though. If you're doing well on the practice exams, you're probably in good shape.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

my ex girlfriend took it and knocked out all her foreign language requirements. she never mentioned how much she studied for it though.
Go Veg.
Quote by metaldud536
Is it expensive?

95 dollars. It's worth it though, it beats paying for the classes you would have to take if you don't do the test.
Quote by im not mental
my ex girlfriend took it and knocked out all her foreign language requirements. she never mentioned how much she studied for it though.

Is she a native speaker?
my sister took the CLEP test and the test is WAY harder than the sample tests. i think you only need to answer 50 questions correctly to pass.
Quote by metaldud536
Is it expensive?

It is almost always cheaper to CLEP than to take a course and pay for books. Srsly.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

if you don't pass the test, can you retake it infinitely until you pass, as long as you pay?

Flam·boy·ant
French, from participle of flamboyer to flame
1:Characterized by waving curves suggesting flames
2:Marked by or given to strikingly elaborate or colorful display or behavior

Quote by Mr. Rittard
if you don't pass the test, can you retake it infinitely until you pass, as long as you pay?

That probably has more to do with your uni than College Board.

For everybody's information, here's the CLEP home page. http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/clep/about.html

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

I CLEP'd in French, so I can probably answer your Q's about Spanish.

It was a bitch. The written part isn't so bad, just do your normal studying grammar and vocab and what not. The oral part is where it goes horribly awry, and where you just end up clicking on something on the computer screen because you have no idea what's going on.

Why? Because what they will do is read something in the language, at full speed for a native speaker, and then they will ask you questions about what they read. Only the questions themselves won't be in English, they'll be in Spanish too. So if you only half-understood the reading, you will be really lost on the questions. The questions are also at this same rapid-fire pace.

Basically if you can converse pretty well with someone who's native in Spanish you'll be able to master it. But still, only doing well on the grammar part got me half of the credits of French. So if you can't do speaking too well, you can still get some credit, just not all of it.
Asi que podes entender todo lo que digo, ¿o no?

¿Qué es lo que te toman en ese examen básicamente? ¿Cómo escribir cartas, artículos, ensayos, o algo así?

¿Tenés parte oral del examen o es solamente escrito?

¿Hace cuánto venís practicando español?
Last edited by EMGG at Mar 25, 2009,
Quote by EMGG
Asi que podes entender todo lo que digo, ¿o no?

¿Qué es lo que te toman en ese examen básicamente? ¿Cómo escribir cartas, artículos, ensayos, o algo así?

¿Tenés parte oral del examen o es solamente escrito?

¿Hace cuánto venís practicando español?

Yo hablo Portugués, pues la lengua española no es dificisimo para me. Pero es obvio que no es perfecto. El examen tiene parte oral y tiene otra parte multiple choice (no idea how to say that ) Yo pienso que no tiene parte escrita pero no tengo certeza.

Quote by eliterun
I CLEP'd in French, so I can probably answer your Q's about Spanish.

It was a bitch. The written part isn't so bad, just do your normal studying grammar and vocab and what not. The oral part is where it goes horribly awry, and where you just end up clicking on something on the computer screen because you have no idea what's going on.

Why? Because what they will do is read something in the language, at full speed for a native speaker, and then they will ask you questions about what they read. Only the questions themselves won't be in English, they'll be in Spanish too. So if you only half-understood the reading, you will be really lost on the questions. The questions are also at this same rapid-fire pace.

Basically if you can converse pretty well with someone who's native in Spanish you'll be able to master it. But still, only doing well on the grammar part got me half of the credits of French. So if you can't do speaking too well, you can still get some credit, just not all of it.

Damn I was worried about that. How long did you study french before you did the test? I'm hoping that I'll have an easy time because I'm fluent in Portuguese.
Last edited by Masamune at Mar 25, 2009,
Quote by Masamune
Yo hablo Portugués, pues la lengua española no es dificisimo para me. Pero es obvio que no es perfecto. El examen tiene parte oral y tiene otra parte multiple choice (no idea how to say that ) Yo pienso que no tiene parte escrita pero no tengo certeza.

Damn I was worried about that. How long did you study french before you did the test? I'm hoping that I'll have an easy time because I'm fluent in Portuguese.

Um, 4 years, but it was your average HS program, so we didn't really talk a lot in french. That's why the grammar part was so easy tho.

Can't help you with the Portugese part, but I'd think it would help a good bit if you're a native speaker.
Quote by Masamune
El examen tiene parte oral y tiene otra parte multiple choice (no idea how to say that ) Yo pienso que no tiene parte escrita pero no tengo certeza.

You would never guess that, in Spanish, we call MULTIPLE CHOICE just like that, because some people (especially young stupid ones) tend to mix english with spanish. Anyways, I guess you can call it "Preguntas con múltiples opciones" (this is weird even for me)