http://www.christianguitar.org/csong4085/Stryper-To-Hell-With-the-Devil

So in the solo, it calls for frets 22-27. Is there any way to reach these without an extended neck? Who even makes guitars with necks like that?
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
Theres Caparrison, I believe Ibanez released a 27 fret Xiphos too.
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
Quote by KiraIBZ
Theres Caparrison, I believe Ibanez released a 27 fret Xiphos too.

Wow, i jut googled the Xiphos, thats ridiculous.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural

Mesa Single Rec
Stryper was an 80's band I doubt there were fretboards that went that high back then. I'm guessing whammy pedal
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by DSOTM80
Stryper was an 80's band I doubt there were fretboards that went that high back then. I'm guessing whammy pedal

im pretty sure phil collen from Def Leppard had a 27 fret jackson back in the day

also, CAPARRRRIIISSSOOONN HORRRUUUSSSSS
Top lel.
Quote by eteam_sammy4him
http://www.christianguitar.org/csong4085/Stryper-To-Hell-With-the-Devil

So in the solo, it calls for frets 22-27. Is there any way to reach these without an extended neck? Who even makes guitars with necks like that?

There's no way to play a 27th fret without one, no. You can try to bend up there from your 24th, but it'd be awkward. Then there's whammy pedals and whammy bars, but both of these would be quite awkward as well, at least... it won't make you sound like tab.

And on a completely different note... Christianguitar.org? Wtf? Only songs about Jesus or something? Stuff that doesn't contain any sexual or antisocial/-religion themes?
Well who wants to sound like a tab anyways?
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Use your 24th fret and pull the whammy bar up to pitch. Stryper was endorsed by Carvin back on that album, only 24 frets there. Or if you have a middle position pickup, fret the string off of it. That's how Vai hits the "27th fret" in eugene's trick bag.
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
Last edited by zeek7pc at Mar 25, 2009,
Quote by Y00p
There's no way to play a 27th fret without one, no. You can try to bend up there from your 24th, but it'd be awkward. Then there's whammy pedals and whammy bars, but both of these would be quite awkward as well, at least... it won't make you sound like tab.

And on a completely different note... Christianguitar.org? Wtf? Only songs about Jesus or something? Stuff that doesn't contain any sexual or antisocial/-religion themes?

no offense to UG, but there aren't always tabs i'm looking for. I check for those tabs i cant find on christianguitar.org and 911tabs.com, just as alternatives.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural

Mesa Single Rec
pffttt, 27 frets is nothing. Asomodai has/had a 36 fret guitar. now that was a crazy looking beast...

on topic, id say your best bet is to either bend it (fingers or bar) or find a harmonic that is the same note. if youve got a 24 fet guitar then bending might be easier, but with a 21 fret guitar then bending up 3 whole steps might be a bit intimidating.