Page 1 of 2
What a great f***ing band. I just recently rediscovered this band. I was going through some of my record collection and realized that I owned Zen Arcade on vinyl. I popped it onto my turntable and listened to the double album all the way through and I fell in love with the band...again. I looked through my vinyl and cd collections to see what other albums I had by the band, and found I had none. Long story short, I went online and splurged and bought all their albums. So solid. From Land Speed Record all the way through Warehouse Songs and Stories, this was an unstoppable band.

Anyone else listen to the HD? Favorite albums anyone?
Zen Arcade!

Great band.
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
Yes they are great, I have been a fan since the 80s. Bob Mould is very creative. Not too successful but they had a lot of influence on bands like Nirvana and Green Day.
Flip your wig!
Last edited by Tempoe at Mar 25, 2009,
His band, Sugar, was really good too, if you're into alternative music, at all. And his solo stuff is pretty fantastic.
Yeah I'm a fan of theirs. They're really such a great and unique band. Pity they aren't as well known as they should be as a lot of people miss out on their great music.
Quote by MattTheArsonist
His band, Sugar, was really good too, if you're into alternative music, at all. And his solo stuff is pretty fantastic.

Yes, Copper blue, great album. Was that the only one they did?
I am going to search some stuff now..thanks for reminding me!
Last edited by Tempoe at Mar 25, 2009,
Great band, I only have Zen Arcade, I need more.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
i finally listened to these guys for the 1st time yesterday and i thought it was awful.(it might just be the song i listened to so i might give them another chance) wats a good song to listen 2 by them?
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by DempseyPunk
i finally listened to these guys for the 1st time yesterday and i thought it was awful.(it might just be the song i listened to so i might give them another chance) wats a good song to listen 2 by them?

What song did you hear?
I remember CaptainNemo said he liked Zen Arcade, and everybody (including me) was surprised. He said he only liked a few songs on their and scratched off all the crappy songs on the vinyl, then he sold it. Then I remember that he said if you ever buy a Zen Arcade LP you can thank him for getting rid of the bad songs.

I like them.
I like Zen Arcade and Metal Circus.
haha, captainNemo sounds awesome.
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
Quote by ezlntrooper
I like Zen Arcade and Metal Circus.
haha, captainNemo sounds awesome.

*waits for axeslash's response*
Last edited by werty22 at Mar 26, 2009,
Better get the standard Replacements comparison out of the way.
(the mats are factually better btw , and yes that is even with Greg's mustache factored in.)
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by yeahyeah
Better get the standard Replacements comparison out of the way.
(the mats are factually better btw , and yes that is even with Greg's mustache factored in.)
No way. The Du is better than the Mats
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Husker Du are more p0nx 'cause Bob and Grant are fag p0nx. I prefer the 'Mats, though.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
yeah Husker Du, don't know why but I've never been able to get into them... other than Zen Arcade, what is a good album I should get?
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
long time no see Matt.
I recently started listening to Husker Du after a long time of wanting to listen to them...they are quite excellent.
Great band. I own pretty much all of their albums and my favourite is either Flip Your Wig or New Day Rising. I used to prefer their latter albums, hated their earlier ones, but I love them all now. Well... except Candy Apple Grey which is rather weak, in my opinion.
Should've started the thread here. Damn genre differences. Right now it seems like New Day Rising and Flip Your Wig are their best albums.
My band's probably going to cover "Girl Who Lives On Heaven Hill" on our next release.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Quote by I_Pwn
My band's probably going to cover "Girl Who Lives On Heaven Hill" on our next release.

so i would really hate it if someone pm'd me some of their stuff, worst idea ever, and i mean that.
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
Husker Du is an excellent band. Actually, I hadn't listened to them in a while so I think I'm going to throw 'Metal Circus' on the turn table a little later. I love their whole discography, Zen Arcade being my favourite. 'Standing By The Sea' is one of my favourite songs ever.
"If a body catch a body comin' through the rye."
Quote by neidnarb11890

Did you screenshot your facebook, crop the picture, and upload it to photobucket JUST so you could post it as a response to this thread? I am impressed.
back into Du.

probably brought on by learning that Grant Hart is touring and coming to my city. really pumped for that, but i don't really know his solo stuff. anyone have a good place to start or know what sort of things he has been doing lately at his shows?
Quote by molly bee
Did you screenshot your facebook, crop the picture, and upload it to photobucket JUST so you could post it as a response to this thread? I am impressed.

Actually, I did it with the idea that I could post it in any thread in response to a comment I liked. Then I decided I didn't wanna go posting my name in every thread on account of there are some creepy assholes on UG.

You are so gay.

Thank you, thank you!
I got Zen Arcade a while ago and I didn't like it the first time for some reason. I forgot about them for a while and then I relistened to them last night seeing as I've gotten more into 80's alternative/punk. A very kickass band I must say.
Husker Du is sooooo good! I love Zen Arcade and Warhouse. Mould is so creative in his music, as well as storytelling on Zen. Hes not a bad guitarist either.
Quote by werty22
*waits for axeslash's response*
I'm honestly surprised that no one else has put forth the theory that Nemo has Asperger's syndrome. You know, what with his excellent memory and completely inability to even comprehend other people's arguments and ideas. Also, his name was based on a fucking comic book for Christ's sake.

Also, I remember when I read he said that a while ago I remember thinking that Nemo's the kind of guy who will do or say anything to protect his non-existent reputation.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
What Do I Want off of "Everything Falls Apart And More" is such a fine song. I guess this band was alright when they still played hardcore.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Love 'em. New Day Rising is incredible Just the raw energy and songcraft
Husker Du are a brilliant band i own all there albums and Candy Apple Grey is the best in my opinion Warehouse is close
Page 1 of 2