Will a set of EMG 81b and EMG 89Rn work best in my Sg or my LTD Mh-250nt? I think the bridge pup in my Sg is a little saggy but the neck pup is pretty good. The LTD is pretty versatile overall, with good cleans. I would like a good clean in the neck.
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
The way I understand it, what you put EMGs in doesn't make a whole lot of difference as they're Active and internally 'EQ'd to a certain extent.....

I could be wrong, that's just what I thought. I usually stick with passives. The EMGs I've had sounded super sterile and way too mid-less for me.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Well you aren't going to get 'great' cleans with EMGs

Do you even like the sound of them?
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Fr
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Seymour Duncans
Avalon Gold series acoustic
ESP LTD 7-string

Amp:
Marshall 100DFX
Peavey Valveking 212

Effects:
Boss GT-10
yes i believe i like the sound. I played an ltd eclipse with emg's thru a peavey one day at GC and i loved the distortion and the cleans were ok. I specifically got the 89r for cleans.
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
i prefer the 60 over the 89 for cleans, just a thought.

another thought, i'm selling my 89s if you want 'em...
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
naw i got the special 89r for the neck. the singlecoil mode will be good for cleans right?
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Quote by WSR66
naw i got the special 89r for the neck. the singlecoil mode will be good for cleans right?

if you turn an 89 upside down, it becomes an 89R, by the way. and the singles are good for single cleans, but I prefer warmer stuff coming from humbuckers (but that's what my thinline is for).
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
interesting. this is not a question of "should I buy EMGs", I already have them. I just wanted to know which guitar they would suit the best.
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Last edited by WSR66 at Mar 25, 2009,
Quote by WSR66
interesting. this is not a question of "should I buy EMGs", I already have them. I just wanted to know which guitar they would suit the best.

oooh okay. i think the EMGs would fit the ESP or LTD guitar, whichever you have. They work in gibsons, but the ESP/LTD guitars are built for EMG wielding.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
Just my opinion, but EMGs pretty much sound the same through just about every guitar.
I hope these will go well with my new Peavey. How will they react to each other?
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Quote by al112987
Just my opinion, but EMGs pretty much sound the same through just about every guitar.

nope i have the same pickups in a les paul and a schecter c-1 plus and they sound very differant(81/60)
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
The emgs you played in an ltd are not true emgs, their emg "designed". Which means their worthless. My advice would be to play true emgs and decide for yourself. Ive always been happy with my clean tone from the zakk wylde set. I would go with them.... just really expensive.
Quote by schtick_bomb
The emgs you played in an ltd are not true emgs, their emg "designed". Which means their worthless. My advice would be to play true emgs and decide for yourself. Ive always been happy with my clean tone from the zakk wylde set. I would go with them.... just really expensive.

ugh... no they were real. Ltd Ec-1000? not 'fake' EMG's. and anyway i already have them and they are being installed today. thanks guys!
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab