I'm in the search for finding a few tubes right now. Guitar Center and pretty much every musical place is too far away. I need a EL84 and a 12AX7.

Any places that sell these like radio shack or something?
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Owner of an 1/4 watt custom combo.

Quote by Garou1911
^This man speaks the language of win.

Donate to my cause
www.tubedepot.com

they ship fast and it's easy. make sure to tell them that it's for the blackstar.

edit: (more of a sidenote)
ronnie radke is in jail for some stupid stuff that he did. he's no superhero, and he's subject to the law just like everyone else. BTF is better, ETF is worse, and from behind these walls is actually not bad. keep him in prison so he keeps making music that i enjoy listening to.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
Last edited by SlappyMcLardfat at Mar 25, 2009,
I take it that you are in Apex, NC? There is a place called Fat Sound guitars in Cary which is fairly close by, within 30 minutes. They should sell tubes there.
Ok, thanx. I was more looking for somewhere quick, but it looks like the tube depot is more worth it. I'm actually just restoring a Epiphone Valve Junior so it blew both tubes.

Also, it there any tubes out there that will give it more of a Bogner sound. Around a Alchemist or Ubershall. Or mods?

Quote by SlappyMcLardfat
www.tubedepot.com
edit: (more of a sidenote)
ronnie radke is in jail for some stupid stuff that he did. he's no superhero, and he's subject to the law just like everyone else. BTF is better, ETF is worse, and from behind these walls is actually not bad. keep him in prison so he keeps making music that i enjoy listening to.

Escape the fate had some good stuff, i just prefer Ronnie's voice over Craigs. Haven't heard anything from Behind these Walls yet, so i'll look into that. And it's anyones opinion on what really went down.
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Quote by Garou1911

Donate to my cause
Quote by k7apex
Ok, thanx. I was more looking for somewhere quick, but it looks like the tube depot is more worth it. I'm actually just restoring a Epiphone Valve Junior so it blew both tubes.

Also, it there any tubes out there that will give it more of a Bogner sound. Around a Alchemist or Ubershall. Or mods?

Escape the fate had some good stuff, i just prefer Ronnie's voice over Craigs. Haven't heard anything from Behind these Walls yet, so i'll look into that. And it's anyones opinion on what really went down.

No not at all. All amps have their own voicings, a Bogner Uberschal will sound like one no matter what tubes it's running. And a valve jr. will sound like a valve jr. no matter what tubes it's running.

You can do a Bitmo mod to the Valve Jr. or replace the OT with a Mercury Magnetics OT, but by then you've spent more on the mod than the amp itself.
Quote by al112987
No not at all. All amps have their own voicings, a Bogner Uberschal will sound like one no matter what tubes it's running. And a valve jr. will sound like a valve jr. no matter what tubes it's running.

You can do a Bitmo mod to the Valve Jr. or replace the OT with a Mercury Magnetics OT, but by then you've spent more on the mod than the amp itself.

Ok, i was just looking to see if i could try to get that voicing for it. Is what mod would be best to use for just a really high gain amp then?
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Quote by Garou1911

Donate to my cause
The Valve Jr. is a 1 preamp tube, 1 power tube amp, without significant modification (essentially rebuilding the preamp), you will not be able to get a high gain tone out of it. And with the amp's naturally boomy and flubby low end, it will undoubtedly sound very muddy and incoherent.
Quote by al112987
The Valve Jr. is a 1 preamp tube, 1 power tube amp, without significant modification (essentially rebuilding the preamp), you will not be able to get a high gain tone out of it. And with the amp's naturally boomy and flubby low end, it will undoubtedly sound very muddy and incoherent.

Hmm, ok. I'll just play around with this head then, thanx
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Quote by Garou1911

Donate to my cause