It becomes kind of muted...when you yawn i think part of your inner ear closes preventing all tones to be picked up...
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government."
- Edward Abbey

"A university is what a college becomes when the faculty loses interest in students."
- John Ciardi
You should really see a doctor, thats not healthy lol
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
Quote by jjlane86
It becomes kind of muted...when you yawn i think part of your inner ear closes preventing all tones to be picked up...

This. But what about when you yawn, it makes other people yawn...apparently? Whats that all about?
This thread made me yawn uncontrollably.

*Yawn*
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Quote by HereticHammer01
This. But what about when you yawn, it makes other people yawn...apparently? Whats that all about?

well never know....it keeps me awake at night......yawning

Quote by HereticHammer01

Not sure, the phenomenon has been studied though but no one knows exactly why it happens...

Isnt it wierd how we can put a man on the moon many years ago but we have no cure for the common cold nor do we know why ppl's yawns are contagious?
- Edward Abbey

"A university is what a college becomes when the faculty loses interest in students."
- John Ciardi
Quote by jjlane86
Not sure, the phenomenon has been studied though but no one knows exactly why it happens...

Isnt it wierd how we can put a man on the moon many years ago but we have no cure for the common cold nor do we know why ppl's yawns are contagious?

that moon landing deal is still very debated....NASA spent the entire apollo budget on beer and prostitutes then filmed it in a hanger the next day lol

Quote by Bair
that moon landing deal is still very debated....NASA spent the entire apollo budget on beer and prostitutes then filmed it in a hanger the next day lol

- Edward Abbey

- John Ciardi
Yawning and swallowing does the samething, it just equals the ambiant airpressure on both side of the airdrum using the eustachain tubes, so if one sides diffreant there will be a slight change in pitch
If you need to rethink your religion after listening to a song, youve got problems to start with
it's aids
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by homeless-john
When you yawn does the music sound out of tune kinda?

Or is it just me?

Maybe one of the little bones in your ear acts like a whammy bar.
where are the feasts we were promised?
I dunno man, but reading the word "yawn" made me yawn. IT'S SUBLIMINAL MESSAGING O MAH GAWD!

I know what you mean though, TS. Except for me, it just becomes muted like the other guy said.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Quote by fartz
Maybe one of the little bones in your ear acts like a whammy bar.

If that were true, it would be the best thing to ever happen to me
If you can read this, try not to yawn.

Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Gord@k
This thread made me yawn uncontrollably.

*Yawn*

Oh my god' I just realised that I yawned at least 4 times while reading this thread!!

now that's freaky!
Darn It. I Yawned right when I read the first post...twice. I hate it when I have tears in my eyes after i yawn, people think i'm sad about something when they see me after I yawned. That gets annoying after a while.
Quote by JetPackJohnny
Darn It. I Yawned right when I read the first post...twice. I hate it when I have tears in my eyes tho, people think i'm sad about something when they see me after I yawned. That gets annoying after a while.

Same here!
I yawn and my eyes get FLOODED with tears! It's like someone just a broke a dam or something!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Quote by HereticHammer01
I dunno this sounds like bollocks to me but ill go ahead and say it anyway, i was told that when you yawn other peoples mind or body think that you are getting more air than they are so they mimic the yawn.
Last edited by MattyW at Mar 25, 2009,
The social yawn is used to distinguish serial killers. It measures a person's sympathetic tendencies. If you yawn when you see someone else yawn, you're a regular person who can relate to others. If you don't, you're a serial killer who has no regard for other people's feelings because you can't relate them back to your own.

Give or take the serial killer part.
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Quote by rock_star77
The social yawn is used to distinguish serial killers. It measures a person's sympathetic tendencies. If you yawn when you see someone else yawn, you're a regular person who can relate to others. If you don't, you're a serial killer who has no regard for other people's feelings because you can't relate them back to your own.

Give or take the serial killer part.

Nice
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO