I record a track, now I want to record another track while listening to that first track, but not having that first track on the second track.

Can anyone help me do this?
Fuck the Scunci Steamer and all who use it!
just delete the first track after you record the second
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Hmm, I don't seem to be getting my problem across.

I recorded a track onto Audacity that I want to listen to and play along to, we'll call that Audio track 1.

Now when I hit record, a second line comes up, we'll call that Audio track 2, this is the track that I want to record my guitar with, but it automatically incorporates Audio track 1 onto the recording of Audio track 2.
Go to Preferences and you can turn "Listen to audio tracks while recording a new one" on or off. When you record, a new track will pop up, nothing will be combined unless you select multiple tracks and click "quick mix."
Quote by xHellbound
Go to Preferences and you can turn "Listen to audio tracks while recording a new one" on or off. When you record, a new track will pop up, nothing will be combined unless you select multiple tracks and click "quick mix."

That's the problem I'm having. Audio track 1 is getting automatically added to Audio track 2 along with what I'm recording on Audio track 2.

I just want to listen to Audio track 1 while I record the second track, but it's adding itself to the second track.
Quote by LedFreakin'Zep
That's the problem I'm having. Audio track 1 is getting automatically added to Audio track 2 along with what I'm recording on Audio track 2.

I just want to listen to Audio track 1 while I record the second track, but it's adding itself to the second track.

What exactly are you recording? If the input is what you're hearing out of your speakers, then anything come out of the speakers will be recorded, including your existing tracks. If that's not it, then I can't help you.