I'm looking to buy a Schecter C-1 with a Floyd rose for my next guitar. I was wondering if someone could tell me if it sounds good tuned down to C. I want to play a sort of metal hardcore funk mixture with it, so I'd also like to know if its versatile. If not, can you tell me another good guitar that has a locking tremolo, two volume knobs (I want to use it for kill switch stuff ), and for a reasonably modest price.
i dunno about the FR models, but i've played many fixed bridge c-1s in drop C and they all sounded good. One again i dunno about the FR on it, but the guitar itself is definatly a good buy
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
i got a schecter c1+ no fl though, and i tune to drop c. it sounds and plays amazing, although i wish it had active pickups. i played a few at the store and i really wanted one with emgs but i got a good deal on mine used. the neck is very straight, and the guitar is heavy and solid in general. i had to loosen the neck and mess with the action and intonation to get it to sound right. you definately need to get it set up for drop c if you dont know how to do it yourself, ESPECIALLY with a floyd. i used to work at a guitar shop and i used to hate setting up floyd roses to drop c. they are a lot harder to work with than a strat style tremallo. you tune one string and the rest of them go out of tune. you put too much preassure when you palm mute and the whole thing goes sharp. god forbid you break a string at a show in the middle of a song you'll all of a sudden be playing in drop Bb, haha. it would be cool to have, but too much of a hassle for me for just a special effect. plus with the strings going through the mahogony body, i get KILLER sustain. i just put on d'addario exl140s (light top heavy bottom) cause i thought the bass strings would rattle, but they don't at all. i'm gonna try exl110s next time (regular light).

i really wanna put a killswitch on it actually, so let me know what you find about that. i'm so scared to drill into the thing. are you thinking of getting one installed or just using the toggle?
Last edited by 0v3rdr1v3N at Mar 30, 2009,
I hate that people always think FR is so difficult its really not, like anything else with guitar playing its something you learn and it gets easier as you do it. FR shouldnt go sharp permantley when you palm mute it might go sharp for a second but it should return to tune if you set it up properly. Sorry dude but your spelling mistakes make you seem uninformed. Just because it has a trem doenst mean it cant sustain. You solve the tuning problem by cross tuning and the string breakage problem by having a backup guitar like any smart live guitarist would.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Lethal Dosage
I hate that people always think FR is so difficult its really not, like anything else with guitar playing its something you learn and it gets easier as you do it. FR shouldnt go sharp permantley when you palm mute it might go sharp for a second but it should return to tune if you set it up properly. Sorry dude but your spelling mistakes make you seem uninformed. Just because it has a trem doenst mean it cant sustain. You solve the tuning problem by cross tuning and the string breakage problem by having a backup guitar like any smart live guitarist would.

+1
FR aren't that much of a pain to deal with once you get used to them. either that or i'm the only freak that loves to deal with floyds.

just come down there a bit LD

BTW, Lethal, check out my build thread on the RG i was talking about a few weeks ago
Quote by Lethal Dosage

i know it can be done with time and practice, its just not for me. i'm just trying to prepare the dude what he is about to go through if he is switching from a squire strat style trumallow. it would just suck to get a new guitar, bring it home, change the strings, drop it to c, and then realize it needs a setup and have to bring it to the shop and wait 2 weeks before actually getting to play on it. i had to learn that the hard way.
Last edited by 0v3rdr1v3N at Mar 30, 2009,