so i have a Toshiba Satellite laptop, and i was wondering if anybody knows how to COMPLETELY delte/clear EVERYTHING from its memory. i need to do this because i am selling it, and i dont want the new owner to be able to access things like my bank account, for example.
thanks.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
I dunno if it will completely get rid of everything but downloand a program called ccleaner and run that.
If you find out how to reformat the hard drive, that oughta do it
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
You are a bad man...I like you

Quote by gillehy
you sir should be knighted

Quote by Sleaze Disease

It's so true.

I

MUSIC!!!
You need to run a program like Darik's Boot and Nuke which will completely destroy all data on your hard drive, then you need to install the operating system again using the install disc.
.: Setup :.
Ibanez RG321 - Grey Nickel
Roland Cube 30x
i am computer illiterate you guys, btw.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Put in your XP/Vista CD and reboot.
You should come to a blue screen (if XP) or a graphical screen (if Vista).
You'll see stuff about partitions etc. and there will be several options such as delete, new, merge etc.
Delete everything.
Done.
Smash it with a hammer, that usually gets rid of the history.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
1. Smash it apart with a hammer
2. Duct tape is your friend.
3. ??????????
4. PROFIT

Bedit: Damn you hugh.
Last edited by Aguamento at Mar 25, 2009,
do a total wipeout, remove all internet cookies, saved passwords, delete everything in my documents and the ;C drive

computer thread?
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Quote by mightywarrior
You'll see stuff about partitions etc. and there will be several options such as delete, new, merge etc.
Delete everything.
Done.

it didnt come w/ the disc, it was just already installed when i bought it (at best buy).
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by mightywarrior
Delete everything.
Done.

This should do the trick. If you don't have your CD a hammer always works.
Neverender:SSTB 4/19

Goddamn this cursed iron fist. When I lose control!

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You, sir, win epically.
Quote by mightywarrior
Delete everything.
Done.

this, but if you don't have the cd, well its gonna be harder, maybe take to a guitar tech and ask him to format and reinstall your computer, that probably the easiest way go for a computer noob
Quote by Strato-Massacre
it didnt come w/ the disc, it was just already installed when i bought it (at best buy).

Then you have a recovery partition, you are supposed to burn recovery dvd's when you buy laptops now that don't come with the discs. Restart your computer there will be a restore or recovery option, recover to factory settings and your good. Key stroke is probly f10 or f11

Most Sony, Toshiba, Acer, HP/Compaq, Gateway, E Machine units don't come with discs anymore but they have a tool to burn those discs. Like I said restore it from factory settings that's the quickest and easiest way.
Last edited by d_byrne23 at Mar 25, 2009,
Quote by Strato-Massacre

It it didn't come with a disc than it came with the restore option built into an extra harddrive.
In other words, when its booting up, you need to watch and somewhere it will say press so and so key to get to setting or restore or reformatting or anything really. Just watch for it to tell you to press a button while it's booting. It should be pretty self explanatory from there.
Quote by Trefellin
The Feds are knocking on TS's door.

Yep, I'm pretty sure TS is getting a visit from the Party Van right now...
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
It it didn't come with a disc than it came with the restore option built into an extra harddrive.
In other words, when its booting up, you need to watch and somewhere it will say press so and so key to get to setting or restore or reformatting or anything really. Just watch for it to tell you to press a button while it's booting. It should be pretty self explanatory from there.

well not all computers show on the booting, and often when they do, you don't have time to read it, so just check the manual
Quote by IDread
Yep, I'm pretty sure TS is getting a visit from the Party Van right now...

and wth do you get THAT idea?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Reformat your hard drive, I think that will delete the operating system too, so put that detail in the ebay auction or whatever.