I got a B52 LG-100a head and a Marshall 4x12 cab. I've never used a half stack before and I'm trying to find some good tone settings for Hardcore, Metalcore, and Metal. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Quote by el-ECTRO
If your child can breathe, suspect drugs. Only people who breathe take drugs. People who cannot breathe still can, but it is increasingly difficult.
gain 10
bass 8
mid 1
treb 8

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Turn it on and find a good setting yourself. Not meaning to be a prick, but this is the only way you'll ever learn anything; hands on experience. Learn how to effectively use EQ and understand how the different frequencies react with one another. Your ears are your best friend
Quote by rocker_46788
I got a B52 LG-100a head and a Marshall 4x12 cab. I've never used a half stack before and I'm trying to find some good tone settings for Hardcore, Metalcore, and Metal. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

just start out with all knobs at 5 (including gain) and move em around until you get what you want
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Set everything to 5 and tweak
not enough gain? adjust to taste,
to bassy? take away bass
finding settings arent that difficult, and only you know what you want, we cant hear the tone
in your head

But you'll probably want to scoop it, so I'd keep the mids low and the other knobs high
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
try everything at 7 and volume at 5 on your dirty channel same with clean and then tweak form there
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Thanks guys, I think I'm gonna just mess with em till I find my own sound. I just wanted some tones to jump off of. It's in that area, so I'm just gonna tweak em until I get what I want. Thanks again!
Quote by el-ECTRO
If your child can breathe, suspect drugs. Only people who breathe take drugs. People who cannot breathe still can, but it is increasingly difficult.
Quote by ShredGod George
Set everything to 5 and tweak
not enough gain? adjust to taste,
to bassy? take away bass
finding settings arent that difficult, and only you know what you want, we cant hear the tone
in your head

But you'll probably want to scoop it, so I'd keep the mids low and the other knobs high

Disagree 100%, but otherwise, good advice
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com