For starters, NO im not asking how to do them.
Its a little more complicated. So the way I understand is that natural harmonics are just plucked on a muted open string and pinch harmonics can be played on any pressed down fret with the right pick technique.
Well what exactly is it when you mute the 3rd fret on the 5th string(example), but then after plucking it like a natural harmonic you touch it to the fret board and bend it. Is that a natural harmonic still or not?
I hope that wasnt too confusing of an explanation.
Quote by From_The_Ashes
For starters, NO im not asking how to do them.
Its a little more complicated. So the way I understand is that natural harmonics are just plucked on a muted open string and pinch harmonics can be played on any pressed down fret with the right pick technique.
Well what exactly is it when you mute the 3rd fret on the 5th string(example), but then after plucking it like a natural harmonic you touch it to the fret board and bend it. Is that a natural harmonic still or not?
I hope that wasnt too confusing of an explanation.

If what you're saying, I'm understanding... it wouldn't work. You can't let the harmonic node on the (about) third fret ring when you press it down, it would grab the third fret and be a C.

You can fret the third fret of the A (C), pick it, lightly touch the fifteenth with your picking hand and then bend up with your left hand.
I'd say a natural just because the harmonic sound is generated through a natural harmonic regardless of what you do afterward.
you can do it but it stops ringing out soon after your touch down. when i first started playing i thought that was how you did a pinch, until i figured out how to really do them anyway. i would still say its a harmonic though.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Thanks all.
At first that is what i thought a pinch was. I just recently learned otherwise. i was just trying to figure out exactly what I had been doing.