I think you all can agree that X and V shaped guitar cases are unnecessarily large.

I personally have an Ibanez Xiphos and the case is like a foot longer than the guitar and weighs around 40 pounds. Not to mention the handle placement is off so the case weighs down at the front when i hold it.

Does anyone know where to get a Gig bag that would fit such a guitar?
nah, It's also kinda hard to get a case for my dean ML
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
The Coffin Universal Case? Unless you have it already. =P
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
coffin universal case? Isn't that a hard shell?

Nah i'm looking for a fabric or leather light weight gig bag so i dont have to strain my hand whenever i take my xiphos anywhere. I end up carrying that thing for like an hour and by the time i get to where i need to go my hand is all blistered and numb from carrying around that thing.
I've got a heavy duty gigbag that fits my Jackson V and Dean Explorer, perfectly.

Made by Rockbag IIRC
Last edited by Harvey1532 at Mar 25, 2009,
Quote by Harvey1532
I've got a heavy duty gigbag that fits my Jackson V and Dean Explorer, perfectly.

Made by Rockbag IIRC

Do they have a website? i couldn't find one..
Quote by ShestShestShest
Do they have a website? i couldn't find one..

They are made by Warwick basses I'm pretty sure.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by alternitivebass
They are made by Warwick basses I'm pretty sure.

damn. do you know if there is perhaps a company that makes custom Guitar gig bags in the USA so i dont have to pay a ridiculous shipping price
Most of the guitars I own are odd shaped and getting cases for them is tough and they are much bigger than the standard cases for standard shaped guitars. I don't care for gig bags myself and try and get HSC for all my guitars. They might be big but nothing keeps them as safe.

John
Quote by ShestShestShest
I think you all can agree that X and V shaped guitar cases are unnecessarily large.

I personally have an Ibanez Xiphos and the case is like a foot longer than the guitar and weighs around 40 pounds. Not to mention the handle placement is off so the case weighs down at the front when i hold it.

Does anyone know where to get a Gig bag that would fit such a guitar?

Check out Gator gig bags, I had the same problem with my Dean V and they had one that fits abnormal shaped guitars.
Quote by Spartan101400
Check out Gator gig bags, I had the same problem with my Dean V and they had one that fits abnormal shaped guitars.

thanks, i think their Gator Extreme case will fit my xiphos. but i'm not sure. i don't have any rulers in my house and i cant find the dimensions of the xiphos online. They won't pick up either.
The case for my V is even bigger than my Xiphos case.

I've heard that gig bags meant for bass guitars can accommodate a V or X.
~3.6 billion years of evolutionary progress have led to this post~
Quote by Reds3031
The case for my V is even bigger than my Xiphos case.

I've heard that gig bags meant for bass guitars can accommodate a V or X.

Now i just feel bad thinking for the bassists with V or X shaped basses.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...