i am looking to buy the line 6 shortboard for my spider 3 75W amp. I would like to know if it is useful and is wort buying. i would also like to kno is how does the wah sound. if this isnt worth buying, should i buy the fbv express for $100?
it's not worth it because the spider isn't that great of an amp in the first place.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
if you got the shortboard for the spider, youd be able to use about 1 of its functions, channel switching. i would tell you to get the fbv express, but if i were you id sell the spider and add in the money for the footswitch, and you could get a decent amp
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
if you got the shortboard for the spider, youd be able to use about 1 of its functions, channel switching. i would tell you to get the fbv express, but if i were you id sell the spider and add in the money for the footswitch, and you could get a decent amp

well i jus bought the spider amp about a month ago so im not looking to sell it. besides i like the spider amp and why can i only use one feature on the shortboard why cant i use the others?
Last edited by salrap10 at Mar 25, 2009,
^i hate to break it, but cheap modeling amps like the spider wont sound good to you once your ears develop, you surely will regret it soon
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
^i hate to break it, but cheap modeling amps like the spider wont sound good to you once your ears develop, you surely will regret it soon

lol i hate ppl telling me tht
Quote by salrap10

hahahaha yeah this is leik soooooo funy zommg
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
The FBV will be good, the wah sounds ok, you can access all 4 presets and it has a tuner. Pretty good for $100 really. I don't have one but have used them.
Quote by Tempoe
The FBV will be good, the wah sounds ok, you can access all 4 presets and it has a tuner. Pretty good for $100 really. I don't have one but have used them.

is the shortboard too much for the spider?
I don't really know much about the shortboard...they are about $250 I think though. sorry!
Quote by salrap10

That's because it's true. Seriously, I think you should be more concerned about a new amp.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
The FBV pedals are really the only way to make all the settings on a spider useful. The basic cheap one doesnt do much. You have to get the 100$ one if you want the tuner and wah.