Do you guys know any artists that use them regurarly? If not, atleast a few songs. I'd like to practice using them some more, but I can't seem to find many songs using them.
Quote by guns_rosesldb
i think kirk hammet does them a lot check out talk dirty to me's solo

you just recomended Poison after saying Kirk Hammet does alot of them.

Do you know who Kirk Hammet is?!
I'm FAT!
I'll check ZZ Top out, and I was thinking in a more blues, or even rock, kind of way.
Stairway to heaven :P

Favorite solos:

Comfortably Numb
Since I've Been Loving you
Wicked World
Mr. Crowley
Welcome To BucketheadLand
Perfect Crime
Lazy
Nightrain
The Lemon Song
Asides from stairway-like double-stops, not looking for finger picking, more like, when they use them in adjacent strings. So something like

e--
B-2
G-1
D--

Talk Dirty to Me solo's a perfect example. Just, yeah, it's not Kirk Hammet playing that. XD
Last edited by -Raiden- at Mar 25, 2009,
If you want to really get creative, throw them into solos you already know. Play around til you find what sounds good.
Pink Floyd can answer pretty much any thread like this.
guitar
amp

some pedals
Chuck Berry and AC/DC. Although, Angus stole everything he does (even stage moves) off Chuck Berry.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by WantzChas
Not hijacking, but what exactly is a "double stop"?

+ 1
never even heard of it
just give me a fender and let me rip
Quote by tatatotfolife
you just recomended Poison after saying Kirk Hammet does alot of them.

Do you know who Kirk Hammet is?!

uh yea. y wouldnt i? im just saying talk dirty to me has tons of double stops, and so do kirk hammets solos.
For the guys who don't know, a double stop is simply two notes played at the same time.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Check out stuff bu y Chuck Berry the dude would use it in almsot every song (ex. Johnny B Goode.)
~Vince~
Fender MIM Telecaster ('06) [Modded]
PRS S2 Custom 24 ('13) [Modded]
Squier Affinity Fat Strat [Modded]
Yamaha F310

Mesa/Boogie Lonestar 1x12 Combo
Mesa/Boogie Mark V:25

SD Vapor Trail
Xotic SL Drive
Xotic BB Preamp
Boss BD-2
Boss DS-1 [MonteAllums]
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by firesprite
Not quite my understanding of it, it's usually two notes fretted at the same fret on two adjacent strings as far as I've seen (happy to be corrected if I'm misguided!)

They don't necessarily need to be adjacent, but it's much more difficult to achieve this on most stringed instruments.

Technically it's just two different notes simultaneously, which requires two parts of the instrument, either at the fret for a guitar or something like the hammers on a piano, to be stopped together. You can keep going, triple stop for three notes, etc.
guitar
amp

some pedals
Quote by tegrenath
They don't necessarily need to be adjacent, but it's much more difficult to achieve this on most stringed instruments.

Technically it's just two different notes simultaneously, which requires two parts of the instrument, either at the fret for a guitar or something like the hammers on a piano, to be stopped together. You can keep going, triple stop for three notes, etc.

Wouldn't that be something else, like diads or triads instead or have I just confused my terminology along the way?? I thought two notes played simulatenously was a diad but if they were adjacent (on a guitar) then they could be called double stops and were often used in blues.
I can't promise this is correct, but my understanding is that a dyad is a way of describing two different notes/pitches, most commonly as a chord. The term double stop specifically refers to the technique of simultaneously playing two different notes. In that sense, a double stop is a dyad. However, there may be many other ways of describing two notes together as a dyad when they are not being utilizing in a double stop.
guitar
amp

some pedals
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.