ok i have no idea if i should put this here or the pit

but anyone else have trouble sitting down and learning solos to songs?
im working on a song and i have everything down but the 2 solos and i just cant sit down and focus on doing them. like i get the rythm down really quick to the whole song but when i go to learn solos its like not gonna happen
i know i have the skill to it but i just cant concentrate on doing it.
i should be able to do this song backwards by now.
the only solos i learned are the intro to fade to black and the first half of the love song solo by tesla. i cant ever just get them down i am like super easily distracted and have no patience for some reason

anyone else feel like that?
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
I never can learn solo's , I just improv them. I don't really do well learning other artists solo's. I definitely phrase mine off of theirs, but I can't play like them, so I play like me. There are plenty of people who can sit down and learn a solo though. But yeah, I feel like that. I can sit down and learn classical pieces though
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
yep bin there!
u either gotta make urself sit down and do it, learn it in stages or just say **** it and use ur own solo
well thats the thing i do break them up but i just get like distracted or urged to do something else but i really want to get solos down for my band
its tickin me off

but yeah i dont have a problem improvising stuff

i have like the same problem with other things like school and stuff i cant sit down and do **** or read because i get distracted
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Last edited by NGMF-Sam at Mar 25, 2009,
My ear is good to the point where I can hear a song through once or twice and be able to play it through, but I still struggle to dissect solos by ear.

It just depends on how your mind/ears are geared - easier for some than others. I usually break them into segments, tab them out, then piece it together at the end.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
It takes me awhile to learn solos of songs to.Some parts of solos I can memorize right away and then other parts I just can't seem to remember.Like the solo to Black Sabbeth Iron man.It was easy for me to remember most of it in a short time.I just can't seem to memorize the last few bars of that solo.It usually only takes me a couple days to memorize the rhythem pats of songs.I guess if you really want to learn a solo through and through you will.You just have to keep at it.Sometimes it helps me to try and memorize a solo every other day to give it time to sink in.Are like other people said you can improvise.But I think the audiance would much rather you play the original solo instead of an improvised one.Although some people wouldn't know the difference.
I think solos are harder because they've normally been improvised originally, so there is less logic to them than the rhythm or melody, which someone has physically sat down and written. A solo is kind of like the artists stream of consciousness.

Having said that, if you break them into phrases and listen to them a few times solos shouldn't be too hard to learn, and you can learn loads from other peoples solos.