I've decided to either but a Peavey Bandit 112 or a Vox VT30. Which of these is better for Hard Rock & Metal? I play Led Zeppelin, & 70s & 80s Rock ,but I also play Metal like Black Sabbath, Metallica & heavier stuff like Children of Bodom ocassionally I play blues & I also need it to give me a nice "Woman Tone" like Slash in Sweet Child o' Mine & Eric Clapton. Which suits me better?
A good song should make you wanna tap your foot and get with your girl. A great song should destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs. I'm only interested in writing great songs.
Well, a VT30 is good for classic hard rock (at least the first runs, which is what i have)

Anything heavier than that isn't gonna happen without good pedals, and the preamp tube makes no difference.

I say Peavey Vypyr.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
you just suggested 2 practice amps. they are both pretty much the same, id go for the vox vt30 tho
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
Quote by CullenT
Well, a VT30 is good for classic hard rock (at least the first runs, which is what i have)

Anything heavier than that isn't gonna happen without good pedals, and the preamp tube makes no difference.

I say Peavey Vypyr.

I'll second that
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
My last experience with a Peavey Bandit was sh*t in a large scale manner. I wouldn't recommend it.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Not sure how the Bandit compares to my transtube 110, but I like it alot better then a VT 30. it was also a bit more expensive.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Lordy, Bandits are terrible terrible terrible. The VT30 sounds good (what I've heard of it). Much more versatile too. This is a no-brainer imo.

Check out sound clips on that youtube thing the kids are always talking about
Guitars
1996 Rickenbacker 360 Jetglo "Christine"
2003 Schecter S1 Blackjack w/ SD JB/59 "Lenore"
Gear
Lopo Line 1x12 w/ WGS British Lead 80
Blackstar HT-5 (buying)
Pedals: GE-7 EQ | BBE SS | V847
Vox. To the person that said Metallica can't be done, It can. It's not exactly a Mesa Boogie, but I can pull off Master Of Puppets and For Whom The Bell Tolls with mine.

Get the Vox.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks