What are the differences between the Epiphone G-400 and the Epiphone G-400 Gothic apart from the colour scheme?

Also would a G-400 with a pickup upgrade (apparently the stock G400 ones are terrible) be a good idea?
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
No, there is no difference between the Goth G-400 and the G-400 SG. All the 'Goth' series are the same as the regular versions, e.g. the Goth LP Studio is the same as the regular LP Studio, the 'Goth' Explorer is the same as a regular Explorer, etc. It's just the finish that changes.

Yes, changing the pickups would be a good idea since the stock Epi pickups are very bland (they're not actually that bad, they're just very boringly average jack-of-all-trades pickups), but wait until you actually have the guitar in your hands first and you've actually heard it in person before you think about changing anything.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
i dont like goths they dont have fret markers
GLEN JENSEN. That is all.....

Proud owner of an Ibanez Wh10V2
Quote by Frusciante2323
i dont like goths they dont have fret markers

Please don't tell me you actually still depend on fret markers to know what you're doing.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']right-o. just don't make too bad of a habit of that.
Seriously don't.
Quote by will123456789

and mate: ure the first 08er to make me laugh kudos

Quote by Mr. La Fritz
Turn it off and on again.

^ Golden computer rule.

Quote by Spamwise
I've had a hooker die once. I love getting free stuff.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Please don't tell me you actually still depend on fret markers to know what you're doing.
no, but your average epiphone player does
UG's Prodigal Son
Quote by MrFlibble
No, there is no difference between the Goth G-400 and the G-400 SG. All the 'Goth' series are the same as the regular versions, e.g. the Goth LP Studio is the same as the regular LP Studio, the 'Goth' Explorer is the same as a regular Explorer, etc. It's just the finish that changes.

Yes, changing the pickups would be a good idea since the stock Epi pickups are very bland (they're not actually that bad, they're just very boringly average jack-of-all-trades pickups), but wait until you actually have the guitar in your hands first and you've actually heard it in person before you think about changing anything.

Wrong- last I checked they have ebony fretboards.

EDIT: Oh- they are, in fact, rosewood now...
Last edited by Aidy Damage at Mar 25, 2009,
Quote by Warp3r
Seriously don't.

Is that telling me not to start, or are you agreeing with me

Quote by lunaticfringe93
no, but your average epiphone player does

ah yes, that's right.